Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2004, 11:35 AM

Default O/8 High hand play

Disclaimer: I've played omaha/8 a few times for .50/1.00 online and some stupid SnGs. I had never played it live before saturday. I've read Ray Zee's hi/lo split book but rarely play the games so I'm probably missing and misinterpreting a number of concepts.

Ok, low-mid-limit HOE rotation game. I don't know much about omaha, actually I know very little, but i'm not alone at this table. about 30% of hands are raised PF after a limp, there are a few steals from LP if no one entered. Many of the raised hands are AA-rag-rag (like 86 was one showndown) or A2s with no support (like A27T was one shown). Recently the game has gotten very good with usually 6 to a flop for 1 bet.

The hand:
I'm UTG +2 and dealt Ah Kh Ac Tc. UTG limps, I limp also. I don't think I can limit the field much with a raise and want to make sure the flop isn't 3 low cards before continuing. Is this too loose to play up front since I'm high only? 3 other come along and the blinds and we take the flop 7 handed for 1 SB each.

Flop: Th 9s 4h

Well it doesn't get a lot better than that. I have the nut flush draw, an overpair, and there is only 1 low card on board. Its checked to me and I bet. we lose the SB but all else call.

Turn: (Th 9s 4h) 5c
Crap, low and not a heart, checked to me and I check(?), its checked to the CO who bets, folded to me, I call, and 2 MPs call. 4 to the river.

River: (Th 9s 4h 5c) 2d
Nice brick. Checked to cutoff who bets, I look left and see both MPs with wrists cocked to fold and look at a large pot and make a wasted crying call hoping he has only a crappy low. FYI, CO was really bad often showing down lows with A7 or 72 and then cursing his luck when someone had a slightly better low.

Anyway, thought? I really have no clue in this game but felt like I took a reasonable line in this hand. But since I know little about the game, please correct me.

Zack