Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Manhattan River Club Grand Opening Tues

yah, PM me too if you don't mind. I'm discreet, and will have two hot chicks in tow FWIW (i'll let them play on my BR too)
Old 06-07-2005, 06:02 PM

No hot chicks here and I frequently suck out, but can you send any info to me as well TT or others?

topout
Old 06-07-2005, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, you're wrong. I spoke to the owner of this club today and he was not at all happy about this thread.
And before you think everyone on 2+2 is like, totally cool, dude, let me make you aware of one salient fact. It was a 2+2er who opened his yap to a NY Post reporter about the NYC poker clubs and allowed his name to be used in print. What timing, huh? The NYPD and the Manhattan DA's office had an ongoing investigation just as this fool blabs to a reporter about himself and all the other big time "rounders" in a 3-6 game.
I was in one of the clubs when it was raided. Some good people got locked up. So do us all a favor, stay home and play on your computer until you wise up.

[/ QUOTE ]
It pains me to agree with Derek because he makes fun of me because I'm a flaming liberal and lots of other stuff but I agree with his sentiment here.

(I don't think the 2+2er source in the NY Post article is a douche or had anything to do with Playstation and NYPC getting raided, but that is a separate issue I'm not really interested in discussing.)

I think that whatever information these places put out in the open (on craigslist, for example) on their own is fair game to be discussed here, but if they ask you to call them or e-mail them for more information (and don't even give their name!), it's probably best to let everyone else get that information on their own.

Let it be noted for the record that I bullshitted my way into Playstation in my pre 2+2 days knowing nothing more than its address.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It pains me to agree with Derek because he makes fun of me because I'm a flaming liberal and lots of other stuff but I agree with his sentiment here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not Derek.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:03 PM

Although I am, Brad, as evidenced by the name "Derek in NYC"
Old 06-07-2005, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Although I am, Brad, as evidenced by the name "Derek in NYC"

[/ QUOTE ]
Could you guys dumb it down a little for me?

Great, now Derek and Grewyolf make fun of me.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only possible way would to just open it to immediate friends, or a member of a "real" private club.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that he didn't?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm not. I was just hypothesizing.

Also, regarding the 2+2er who spoke to the papers, i really can't say if he's a douche or not, I don't know him. I was speaking out of turn, and really shoulda said he just did a stupid thing.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that whatever information these places put out in the open (on craigslist, for example) on their own is fair game to be discussed here, but if they ask you to call them or e-mail them for more information (and don't even give their name!), it's probably best to let everyone else get that information on their own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed