Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 12:30 AM

Default Re: The official \"I hate Alex Rodriguez\" thread

"Does he leave it off during the regular season? Maybe if Jeter had the switch on, the Yanks would have procured home field advantage for the entire playoffs??"

Jeter's post-season stats are remarkably similar to his regular season stats. And he had a fine year during the regular season, finishing 6th in the league in hitting, second in total times on base, and 6th in OBP. He was the best lead-off hitter on any of the AL play-off teams.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would rather have Arod at the plate, with a toothpick in his eyeball over david eckstein getting a blow job by jessica alba.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sir, is probably the finest quote I have ever read about baseball.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
andys totally right in this thread. about everything, no point in me posting. see his posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

andyfox is usually correct and logical, but i can't believe he is saying that arod's bush-league swipe to knock the ball out of arroyo's glove last year was a "good play"

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was a completely cheap move and it lowered my opinion of Rodriguez, but it was strategically a good play. Think about it, he's out if he doesn't slap at it. If the umps make the right call he's out but if they mess up he's safe. Pretty much a freeroll. It only had a slim chance of success but that's better than zero.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whenever people talk about this, I think of all the other stuff that goes on in sports that no one bothers to talk about. Like catchers "framing" pitches to make balls look like strikes to fool the umpire, like pitchers beaning players in the back in retaliation, and like how a baserunner runs full steam into a catcher trying to break him in half. Basically, the way I see it, you do what you can to win, and if you break the rules, let the umps/refs figure it out, especially in the heat of the moment. The fact that people latch onto this one incident as if it hurts his reputation is a joke. He got caught, it was at a pivotal moment so it got a lot of public scrutiny, but this crap happens every day. Just let it go.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
andys totally right in this thread. about everything, no point in me posting. see his posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

andyfox is usually correct and logical, but i can't believe he is saying that arod's bush-league swipe to knock the ball out of arroyo's glove last year was a "good play"

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was a completely cheap move and it lowered my opinion of Rodriguez, but it was strategically a good play. Think about it, he's out if he doesn't slap at it. If the umps make the right call he's out but if they mess up he's safe. Pretty much a freeroll. It only had a slim chance of success but that's better than zero.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whenever people talk about this, I think of all the other stuff that goes on in sports that no one bothers to talk about. Like catchers "framing" pitches to make balls look like strikes to fool the umpire, like pitchers beaning players in the back in retaliation, and like how a baserunner runs full steam into a catcher trying to break him in half. Basically, the way I see it, you do what you can to win, and if you break the rules, let the umps/refs figure it out, especially in the heat of the moment. The fact that people latch onto this one incident as if it hurts his reputation is a joke. He got caught, it was at a pivotal moment so it got a lot of public scrutiny, but this crap happens every day. Just let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

A-Rod wears lipstick.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:48 PM

A-Rod is a schmuck/douche bag!
Old 10-17-2005, 02:56 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2193739

there ya go arod haters. give the man a break.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:22 AM

I hate how much crap people are giving A-rod. What he did this season was nothing short of unbelievable. I'm sure this has already been discussed in this thread but it's too big for me to read. Anyways, I kinda feel bad for the guy.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why? because he needs his Mom to stick up for him? so his uncle died...boo hoo. he's a professional baseball player. it's his job to put that stuff aside for a couple of hours and help his team win.

there are more stories of players playing tremendous games after someone in their family died than i care to count, but Favre comes to mind.

this is one reason people hate the guy, b/c it certainly feels like his mom is making excuses for him, which is pretty bush-league. unless, of course, you're 8 years old.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The same thing can be said for Mo last year. Only his was more open. The difference is, is that people everywhere love Mo, and people in NY are still undecided about Arod. When A-Rod brings the Rocks and Rings next year, all this negativity will vanish.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:28 AM

A-Rod drinks wine coolers