Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2005, 04:01 AM

Default Re: Adjusting to 1/2 (a hand)

Fold Preflop

I like the turn call because it allows worse hands to hang themselves and loses less money if out-flushed or against an unlikely boat. I think the river raise is nice.
Old 05-30-2005, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldnt mind the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] calling two cold, aside from the fact that OESDs and two pair hands, and hell even one pair hands, will call the two cold. the only hand I truly want to fold is a set, but hey I also want a bj from natalie portman [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: I will also jump on the fold preflop bandwagon

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly let the donks donk their money away

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you calling the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]/K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] people donkish, or the preflop call donkish?
Old 05-30-2005, 04:03 AM

If you're going to look at the strength of a hand, then I don't know that there really is a question: Q7s really doesn't have enough redeeming quality to make it worth a limp. It'll just make the second best hand too often. Oddly enough, I wouldn't have as much of a problem with playing Q7s if it was for a raise, but with a limper and poster in already, I don't know that I'd do it regularly.

Getting 4.5:1 in the SB with Q7s, I'd probably complete as I think three previous limpers is enough to take a shot, but there's no way I'd put in a full SB. It's just not worth it. This doesn't at all compare to mucking QJo when it comes back to me capped. In that case, there are monsters lurking about; that doesn't really apply in an unraised pot. Also, maybe it's just a mental thing, but I think there's a tangible difference between actually limping and taking a flyer in the SB when you're already half-way in an unraised pot.

While Q7s does appear to have some value to it against a few random hands, I don't think it's enough to warrant going after a situation that will be very marginal. So, I agree with you that it's probably not as bad of a call as I initially thought.... I just don't see why it's worth playing in this situation; make it Q9s or maybe even Q8s and I'd be fine with it as I'd likely play those hands too.
Old 05-30-2005, 04:10 AM

why would we intentionally give a higher flush draw correct odds to call? i would definitely raise if there was a good chance that someone had A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2005, 08:22 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone. A few clarifications on my thinking:

1) I think the pf call would be marginal, except that there is the dead money from the poster in the pot. I considered raising this pf actually to isolate. I recently realized my vpip is around 16 so I've been trying to add a few hands here and there.

2) If I knew someone had A or K of spades, I would raise this turn in a heartbeat. At .50/1.00 I could imagine an opponent calling 2 cold with some medium spade but I wasn't sure if they'd pay off here in the face of aggression.

3) I think 3 betting the flop would have been a better line.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:48 AM

*posting blind*
PreFlop: Fold it.
Flop: Fine.
Turn: Raise
River:Fine.

*(fingers crossed no one has set>Full House)*
Old 05-30-2005, 09:19 AM

Fold preflop definitely. Not only is hand marginal, but there are three potential raisers still behind you to make you pay even more for this hand you don't want to be playing.

Turn, I call and play for the two overcalls, plus I don't want to be 3-bet in case someone made a nut flush or boat.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:36 AM

A7s, yes I 3-bet. Q7s? No. We're not cleaning up any outs, and it's a pretty thin 3-bet for value. Depending on what the others do, a 3-bet may knock out more than you wanted.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone hate 3-betting the flop? No? Ok, 3-bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-30-2005, 12:39 PM

I am folding preflop here. Q7s isn't that strong. Other than that I would raise.

- Mark
Old 05-30-2005, 12:56 PM

Nice hand.

I think going for overcalls on the turn is a good move, raising here would definitely drive people out.

EDIT - Whoa! I thought that was you who was posting PF... with that in mind, fold PF