Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 03:22 AM

Default Is this ever a good idea?

Ignore the pre-flop limp... I know it's retarded [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

BB is a bit LAG - will bet many boards until he meets resistance and then can back down.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: JerseyTom is MP1 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $1. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, JerseyTom calls, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, JerseyTom calls, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">JerseyTom raises</font>...
Old 06-27-2005, 03:25 AM

Default Re: Is this ever a good idea?

No you should just call here.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:28 AM

preflop isn't that bad -- getting 4.5 to 1.

raising the turn sucks. blasting away the field with this hand = no g00t.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:38 AM

anyone fold the flop?
Old 06-27-2005, 03:41 AM

Given the preflop action (MP2 posted and checked, CO posted and checked, button limped) I doubt we're getting raised here. So getting 7.5:1 with 5-5.5 outs seems okay.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone fold the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do. I dont think im limping 97o from this position. I dont like the turn raise either. Yes there is a time for it but your hand has no strength unless you catch your flush or straight. What are you trying to fold here?
Old 06-27-2005, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone fold the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you fold the flop? If you're one of the "micro-tighties" that folds all his gutshots on the flop unless there's 11SB in the pot when it's your turn then you're making a mistake.

I'd call this flop without even having the back door flush draw. When you factor that in also it's a real no-brainer. If I have a gutshot to the nuts I'll call the flop as long as I think I'll be getting 8/1 when everyone is done betting. If 5 people are seeing the flop then more often than not you will have the odds for your gutshot--unless of course it's raised and is 2 bets to you.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Why would you fold the flop? If you're one of the "micro-tighties" that folds all his gutshots on the flop unless there's 11SB in the pot when it's your turn then you're making a mistake.

I'd call this flop without even having the back door flush draw. When you factor that in also it's a real no-brainer. If I have a gutshot to the nuts I'll call the flop as long as I think I'll be getting 8/1 when everyone is done betting. If 5 people are seeing the flop then more often than not you will have the odds for your gutshot--unless of course it's raised and is 2 bets to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, i like that- i would like to hear some more opinions too. Im very unimaginative with gutshots, if im not getting at least 9 or 10-1 i fold, is this bad??

Doesnt it come down to odds? or should u call cos there are several people to pay you off as opposed to getting 7-1 with only 2 others?
Old 06-27-2005, 05:34 AM

Cool, i like that- i would like to hear some more opinions too. Im very unimaginative with gutshots, if im not getting at least 9 or 10-1 i fold, is this bad??

Doesnt it come down to odds? or should u call cos there are several people to pay you off as opposed to getting 7-1 with only 2 others?
Old 06-27-2005, 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're using both of your hole cards and it's a draw to the nuts then yes, it's bad. I'll call getting 10/1 with only a back door flush draw with a back door straight draw. Most people here wouldn't think of doing that though. I love the BDFD's though. You can really sneak up on people with them.