Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Is this ever a good idea? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=281270)

JerseyTom 06-27-2005 03:22 AM

Is this ever a good idea?

Ignore the pre-flop limp... I know it's retarded [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

BB is a bit LAG - will bet many boards until he meets resistance and then can back down.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: JerseyTom is MP1 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $1. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, JerseyTom calls, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, JerseyTom calls, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">JerseyTom raises</font>...

Shillx 06-27-2005 03:25 AM

Re: Is this ever a good idea?

No you should just call here.

aK13 06-27-2005 03:28 AM

preflop isn't that bad -- getting 4.5 to 1.

raising the turn sucks. blasting away the field with this hand = no g00t.

deepsquat 06-27-2005 03:38 AM

anyone fold the flop?

istewart 06-27-2005 03:41 AM

Given the preflop action (MP2 posted and checked, CO posted and checked, button limped) I doubt we're getting raised here. So getting 7.5:1 with 5-5.5 outs seems okay.

popeye18 06-27-2005 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone fold the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do. I dont think im limping 97o from this position. I dont like the turn raise either. Yes there is a time for it but your hand has no strength unless you catch your flush or straight. What are you trying to fold here?

grjr 06-27-2005 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone fold the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you fold the flop? If you're one of the "micro-tighties" that folds all his gutshots on the flop unless there's 11SB in the pot when it's your turn then you're making a mistake.

I'd call this flop without even having the back door flush draw. When you factor that in also it's a real no-brainer. If I have a gutshot to the nuts I'll call the flop as long as I think I'll be getting 8/1 when everyone is done betting. If 5 people are seeing the flop then more often than not you will have the odds for your gutshot--unless of course it's raised and is 2 bets to you.

deepsquat 06-27-2005 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Why would you fold the flop? If you're one of the "micro-tighties" that folds all his gutshots on the flop unless there's 11SB in the pot when it's your turn then you're making a mistake.

I'd call this flop without even having the back door flush draw. When you factor that in also it's a real no-brainer. If I have a gutshot to the nuts I'll call the flop as long as I think I'll be getting 8/1 when everyone is done betting. If 5 people are seeing the flop then more often than not you will have the odds for your gutshot--unless of course it's raised and is 2 bets to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, i like that- i would like to hear some more opinions too. Im very unimaginative with gutshots, if im not getting at least 9 or 10-1 i fold, is this bad??

Doesnt it come down to odds? or should u call cos there are several people to pay you off as opposed to getting 7-1 with only 2 others?

deepsquat 06-27-2005 05:34 AM

Cool, i like that- i would like to hear some more opinions too. Im very unimaginative with gutshots, if im not getting at least 9 or 10-1 i fold, is this bad??

Doesnt it come down to odds? or should u call cos there are several people to pay you off as opposed to getting 7-1 with only 2 others?

ClaytonN 06-27-2005 05:36 AM

Preflop = meh either way. who cares.
flop is an easy call, you've got approx 8:1 on your gutshot and with implied odds its clearly EV, especially with BD flushdraw (which u discovered u had one on the turn [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

turn raise SUCKS, the whole point of multiway is to expose your equity in multiway pots, raising to draw out players effective kills your equity. call and let the pot grow. then play poker on the river.