Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: I Didn\'t Study For This Test, I\'m Cool

I don't remember if I studied in HS, but I went to class a lot in college, on the advice of a suitemate who got 3 engineering degrees, and told me to go to class always, even if I didn't spend much time studying.

I do know that for me to memorize things quickly I need to either hear them (like in a lecture) or make them into some sort of activity, so for example if I had to memorize stuff for a history test the way I would study is to write a paper about what I needed to know.

--turnipmonster
Old 01-25-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I studied tons in HS (sans senior year). I wish I still had that work ethic in college.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was the opposite. College was my wake up call and I really liked what I studied.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:14 PM

I can honestly say I didn't do the homework or study for my honors physics class in high school. My homework portion of my grade hovered in the 20%'s. I didn't study for tests (good thing there were makeups).

But the thing that really boosted me over to a 'B' was the fact that my teacher was the advisor of a school club on campus and I was his star member.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:48 PM

I didn't need to pay attention or work to get a B average in highschool.
I dont think this makes me especially cool, and I am not making this up.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:51 PM

notice how this thread ended up attracting all the people you would have hated in high school?
Old 01-25-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Re: LMAO

Okay many of you here are doing exactly what I say.

"I went to a private school with hard courses and hard instructors, and I barely had to study, and only for some courses"

"I always had to study a little for, but not that much."

"that was due to doing absolutely none of the work. The only thing that kept me passing was getting A's on the tests in 80% of my classes yes I did do poorly sometimes, but for the most part I did not study at all."

"Going to class and doing the mandatory homework was enough, I didn't need to study."

See you guys did do work you just don't want to admit it. I'm not saying you have to do all your homework and study the entire night before a test to do good in class, all I'm saying is that you did some work along the lines somewhere. Even if you didn't do the homework, and didn't study for the test I can buy that you did well on a test but you can't then say you didn't pay attention in class too.

And again, when you people are saying "i did absolutely no work" you apparently don't mean that in a literal sense because almost everyone above who said they don't do any work at all went on to qualify that by then saying something like, "just paying attention in class is enough, and doing a little of the HW and maybe studying just 1 hour for a test."
Old 01-25-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Snakerat see, how is it possible for you not to pay attention or do any work and get a B? You weren't born knowing the material for the class so WHERE THE [censored] DID YOU LEARN IT?
Old 01-25-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
See you guys did do work you just don't want to admit it. I'm not saying you have to do all your homework and study the entire night before a test to do good in class, all I'm saying is that you did some work along the lines somewhere. Even if you didn't do the homework, and didn't study for the test I can buy that you did well on a test but you can't then say you didn't pay attention in class too.

And again, when you people are saying "i did absolutely no work" you apparently don't mean that in a literal sense because almost everyone above who said they don't do any work at all went on to qualify that by then saying something like, "just paying attention in class is enough, and doing a little of the HW and maybe studying just 1 hour for a test."

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you have a point? Any point at all? I really don't think anyone would ever say I never did a single homework assignment, or studied a single minute, and wore earplugs and blindfolds to school every day and got all As. Obviously when someone says they did no work, they mean very little. Regardless, let's face it, high school was a joke.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:00 PM

people exaggerate on stuff like this all the time. when someone says they haven't slept in two days, they generally don't mean it literally.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Snakerat see, how is it possible for you not to pay attention or do any work and get a B? You weren't born knowing the material for the class so WHERE THE [censored] DID YOU LEARN IT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bruiser,
I learned very little in school. But I learned to read when I was 2 and probably spent like 6 hours a day reading for the first 14 years of my life. It's not that hard to gaina good base of knowledge that way.