Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2004, 05:17 PM

Default Re: ne1 else have disappearing buttons on Party?

I have made a batch script that can reconnect to the internet very fast, thus minimizing the trouble of doing it manually. You can download it here: Reconnect script

Reconnecting will as previously mentioned reset the timer problem. You can even assign a keyboard shortcut to this script, making it very easy to reconnect to the internet.

Sorry about the long link Granny

/pius
Old 04-12-2004, 06:10 PM

I don't see how reconnecting could have anything to do with it.

What if you have a dedicated internet connection and there is no such thing as reconnecting to the internet?

The whole thought about it the connection degrading just doesn't make sense.

This bug has something to do with Party's software, period.
Old 04-12-2004, 06:41 PM

No pius has it right, reconnecting every 1/2 hour "fixes" it. The little script thingy is nice too, thanks.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how reconnecting could have anything to do with it.

What if you have a dedicated internet connection and there is no such thing as reconnecting to the internet?

[/ QUOTE ]
It doesn't matter if you have broadband or a dial-up connection. The Party client open a dedicated socket to the Party servers. Something in this tcp/ip communication degrades over time. I've noticed if I exit the table and rejoin, it also fixes the problem, which supports the tcp/ip connection theory (of course if there is a waiting list you'll have to wait to get a seat).

This is indeed a good workaround. My other workaround was just to switch tables every 20-30 minutes. This sucks though if you want to stay at a good table.

BTW, if you don't use DHCP then that script won't work but you can just rick-click and disable/re-enable your network connection.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:09 PM

Party insists that when you are dropped from a table the problem is with YOUR connection. The tables are apparently hosted on many different servers, "and you are failing to connect with that server."

For me, this is the most expensive of all the many Party bugs. Lately it has become more frequent, costing me around 1 big bet every few sessions (I usually play 3-4 hour sessions, 2 tables at once). Renewing my connection or rebooting sometimes works but usually not. It has never happened on more than one table simultaneously.

I use a cable modem and nothing like this has ever happened on Pokerstars or Paradise. I would be willing to invest in a better connection or machine or whatever if it would fix this problem....I just don't know.

Old 04-12-2004, 11:54 PM

Thanks for the script. How do you assign a key to the .bat file though?
Old 04-13-2004, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the script. How do you assign a key to the .bat file though?

[/ QUOTE ]

You just click-and-hold the script, then move it onto the windows start-button and place it somewhere in your start menu. Then right-click the shortcut in the start menu and click Properties. There you should see a "Shortcut key" box. Click that box and press the key you would like to use for the shortcut. When you click OK or Apply it will be saved. You can then press the selected keys while using the partypoker software in order to reset the bug.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:47 PM

Default Re: RESOLUTION

That's a BS resolution which means "we don't know what the problem is".

If my video card can play the latest directX 9 games, it sure as hell should be able to play party's cheeseball client.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:54 PM

Do you have to click your heals 4 times and throw 4 bat wings, 3 toad warts, and two gnat eyes into a cauldron to get party to play also?

It's THEIR problem, THEY need to fix it.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have to click your heals 4 times and throw 4 bat wings, 3 toad warts, and two gnat eyes into a cauldron to get party to play also?

It's THEIR problem, THEY need to fix it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well in my case, it's certainly my problem, since not being able to use their software directly affects my income negatively. The way I see it Party Poker can do as they like. They can even forbid professional players from using their software (which they have already done in their EULA). All I can do is hope they let me use their software as long as possible, so I can make as much money as possible.

With all that said, I would certainly love them even more if they fixed this very serious software problem!

Anyone who doesn't like their software or their support are free to switch to Pokerstars at any time. In fact would prefere it if all the pro's did just that. That is the beauty of capitalism, my friend. You get to choose!

/pius