Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: LA Restaurants

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely worth trying in that it's not a "big deal" type of place. I had sashimi and noodles the first time, both good, and the black cod the second time, which was great. My wife had since gone back for lunch and said her girfriends raved about the burgers and a bento box dessert tray.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much does lunch cost there? I work pretty near there and would like to try to convince my coworkers to try it(they don't like spending over $10 for lunch).

DN
Old 05-03-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been to Sasabune a few times, and enjoyed it. Last time I think it cost $180 for 2 of us. Another alternative is Echigo, on Santa Monica Blvd. I find the quality to be about equal to Sasabune, but it's a bit cheaper, and much less crowded. At Sasabune, reservations are recommended, but there's never a wait at Echigo.

Both places are Omakase only at the bar (the only way to go, IMO), but you can order a la carte at the tables if you'd like.

[/ QUOTE ]

For one of the nights that my friend is in town, I think we will go to Echigo and have Omakase at the bar. Will let you know what I think, it sounds great.

DN
Old 05-03-2005, 05:23 PM

Don't remember the prices other than that it was reasonable compared with L.A. high-altitude restaurants. But I doubt think you can get away with $10. $20 would probably be more like it.