Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2004, 04:55 AM

Default Re: Bankroll growth & pulling money out

LOL, it's the tried and true fear of the IRS as a domestic terrorist organization (or at least a very well run protection racket). Dont worry, I think everyone fears the IRS and they like it that way just fine.

Just my 2 cents,
TRWIII
Old 06-28-2004, 07:19 AM

Plus - the country is SO in debt and with budget cuts from the current gov - the IRS is WAY WAY understaffed at the moment.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:53 AM

If you have a job let the money grow until you have enough to play at a level where you are comfortable - i.e. your psychological limit. If you can't stand to wager more than X dollars per hand then don't play above a limit that will put you in that position.

If you can handle risking 5k in a NL game then let the money grow. When you BR reaches where you max out psychologically you will be making more income that you can withdraw (ASSUMING you can learn to beat the higher limit, yadda, yadda, yadda...the yaddas are very important).

Some are comfortable keeping a $600 Br and playing 1/2 taking the profits weekly/monthly. Others play as high as they can as fast as they can.

The nice thing is you have an income now. I had this debate well over a year ago when I deposited into party. I chose to let the roll grow consider it an investment that would pay off like a fixed income annuity down the road. When I hit the limit I was comfortable at I just withdrew everything I made above that weekly.

To answer your second question - How do you handle going from wagering $10 a hand to say $150 a hand? In steps - it is kind of like speeding. Most people start out going a couple miles an hour over, then they get away with it for a while and go a couple miles an hour faster and it becomes "normal", rinse repeat and all of the sudden your getting pulled over for doing 82 in a 65. Others are only comfortable going 65.

Someone else mentioned Dr. Al's articles - get them.

Consider:

1. What your goal is income or enjoyment (the higher you go the bigger the swings, the more stress)?

2. What is your psychological limit (1/2, 5/10, 30/60, 5k nl...)?

3. How much income now are you willing to give up for a higher income rate later (yaddas again)?

GL

Orange