Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 12:23 AM

Default Re: They have implemented it!

I hope party does start up a player rewards system because then I will sign up for rake back on top of that. I love you party poker!
Old 10-12-2005, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope party does start up a player rewards system because then I will sign up for rake back on top of that. I love you party poker!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, the problem with this approach [by party] is that they are still gonna have to be paying affiliates a % of MGR on top of the player reward.. and there will be affilates who pass this on to players.
if the bonus completely negates money paid to affiliates, you are gonna have some pretty pissed off affiliates... the only way this would work is if they completely switched their affiliate payments to a single payment per new user signup
Old 10-12-2005, 01:07 AM

Default Re: There\'s been talk on these boards of Party implementing some sort

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I do agree with your one point though, why would Party offer rakeback to everyone? Makes no sense...

[/ QUOTE ]

For one thing, it would make everyone feel good, even the players who don't know anything about rakeback at this point. If nothing else, Party would benefit from this being spread by word of mouth. Second, they could structure it in a way that the low volume players get a negligible percentage, but something nonetheless. The high volume players would get a higher percentage. Third, and most importantly, once they notice, a lot of players would have the incentive to start playing more hands because of this, which would generate more rake for Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crikey, this is what I suggested that PokerStars do about 3 months ago.

If party does it and succeeds, someone should hire me as an analyst.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is GENIUS. It seems so easy but they should do it!!

[/ QUOTE ]

If Party really wanted to maximize their profits, they would go to a system where they pay a one time flat fee to an affiliate for a new player signup. This would eliminate the "poaching" between the affiliates, and alleviate a lot of internal headaches for Party. The really huge benefit is that they could take the MGR that they're currently paying the affiliate, and return LESS of it to the player on a volume basis. The more hands he plays, the higher percentage he gets, capped at 25% or whatever. This would then start to feed on itself, as many players would voluntarily start playing more hands to get the extra money.

At any rate, Party would be paying out less than they used to, so they would be making more profit with the added benefit of eliminating the poaching between affiliates.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:48 AM

All the arguments at this point, however logical, are pure speculation at this point, so my speculation would be that there's no way in heck Party is going to offer what I received to people already signed up in affiliates.

My email specifically mentioned that I left party because I Was receiving bonuses elsewhere. This leads me to believe people already signed up with affiliates are not eligible.

Party understands that rake wars will kill the industry, their revenue, growth potential, and stock price. Giving both at the same time would equal almost half my rake coming back to me.

It's in pokerstars and Party's best interest not to have rake wars against eachother. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't some sort of agreement there. But once a viable 3rd network appears that uses a rakewar (2/3 off) the industry will be in trouble.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:01 AM

Default Re: There\'s been talk on these boards of Party implementing some sort

[ QUOTE ]
I do agree with your one point though, why would Party offer rakeback to everyone? Makes no sense...

[/ QUOTE ]

bc i just started playing poker and i suck. i lose 500 at .5/1. damn im broke.

furthermore if party is giving rakeback to the affiliates wouldnt it be better (for party) if the money was actually returning to the site via losing players continually playing.

at the end of the month i get 100 dollars deposited in my account bc of rakeback and guess what i do with it?
Old 10-18-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Re: There\'s been talk on these boards of Party implementing some sort of

this is somewhat similar to truepoker, where affiliates are only paid for the first year a player plays there

Say, What ???? I am pretty sure that Truepoker pays for the life of the player ....

... but I'll check on that.

David

(I am posting under TrueCEO because once again, I lost my password for my other account and cannot seem to get it sent to me from 2+2.)