Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: party 3/6 6-max

My experience so far is that the 3/6 game has much more TP, couple TAGs here and there, much less LP, and a few less LAGs.

Overall, still a very profitable game, but definitely a noticeable difference between 1/2 and 3/6 (ABC still works perfectly though)

I haven't played enough 5/10 to make a comparison with that, though =(
Old 06-30-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Do we have an official verdict on party 3/6 6-max yet?

[ QUOTE ]
A few things I'm wondering about, which I don't think have been discussed before.

(1) Are the party 3/6 six-max tables likely to attract many pokerstars 3/6 players?

(2) If the first answer is "yes," then what will the effect be at stars?

I'm guessing that party 3/6 is going to largely resemble stars 3/6, after a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the pool of 'Stars 3/6 SH players is large enough to have any meaningful effect on Party 3/6.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:53 PM

I have read some people worrying about 3/6 short draining the bad players from 5/10. FWIW I think the opposite effect is more likely. More donks running good will try taking their winnings from 1/2 via 3/6 to 5/10, and dump it. Or am I just being optimistic? To me this is a very good thing long-term, although maybe not this week.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:05 PM

I played 5/10 for quite sometime, then recently had quite a huge downswing, so I figured I'd move down to 3/6 until i built it back up to where i was comfortable. At 3/6 6max it just seems i don't have as many difficult decisions to make. The players don't put you to the test nearly as much. so i'm liking it so far
Old 06-30-2005, 04:53 PM

Not like this is going to add anything meaningful, but I came home drunk from the bar last night and decided to try the game. I only played one table, and had a 22/10 TAG to my immediate left and 4 ~50/10 LAGs occupying the other seats. It was a very profitable table despite my intoxication.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:14 PM

I'm training my friend for 6 max play, and i'mdoing it here. Overall the play here is what you'de expect, wuite beatable.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:30 PM

I sat down for a few hundred hands and just ran over opponents. I'm sure the players there hated me...They called my steals with nothing and raised me with like the 10th nuts on many rivers

If you're super aggressive you'll piss them off and take all their money.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:57 PM

The day that the new 3/6 sh got spread at Party I got all nervous about how that would effect 5/10, so I decided to take the night off.

Played 5/10 again last night and it actually seemed more loose passive than it has ever been. Still plenty of guys sitting down with 10bb...completely unbluffable...I actually had a hard time adjusting because I was all ready to be Mr. Aggressive Six Max Raise Boy. I eventually got my head out of my ass...but anyway...point of this is that 5/10 is still good, yo.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The day that the new 3/6 sh got spread at Party I got all nervous about how that would effect 5/10, so I decided to take the night off.

Played 5/10 again last night and it actually seemed more loose passive than it has ever been. Still plenty of guys sitting down with 10bb...completely unbluffable...I actually had a hard time adjusting because I was all ready to be Mr. Aggressive Six Max Raise Boy. I eventually got my head out of my ass...but anyway...point of this is that 5/10 is still good, yo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found 4 tables where my stats on the players showed all vpips of 55+. This usually includes LAGs, but the LAGS and LPPs pass the money back and forth, and it eventually comes to me.

These tables are good until 2 players bust and other 2+2ers are sitting on the waiting list and make it half sharks [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. That's when I leave, and find another table.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:39 AM

I played this game today and immediately sat down at four tables. One of the tables was a TAG fest (heh, the one I won the most on) and the others featured a large number of extremely loose passive players. Seemingly very passive tables and great action.