Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2005, 07:28 PM

Default Re: AK limp reraise

I think the equity fold percentage is probably near linear from about 250 to all-in, and that there is a steep drop-off below 200-240. This based on opponants stack size and size of pot. So I think pushing doesn't give you much more fold equity then a $250 bet. You don't have to fold if pushed all in after this, because I think you've just manufactured some odds. But if you are just called and turn a blank then you do have to give up and mark it down as fold equity not experienced.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
move in here. i would hate to bet 250 and have to fold for the rest with those BD draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone moves in here to a non-drawing board like this, then a good *thinking* opponent as stated will surely put the hero correctly on AK or even JJ and call with anything that can beat those. A bet of 2/3 the pot will not cause nearly so much suspicion of the hero holding a hand that missed the flop.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:41 PM

If you are trying to get the weak hands to fold and lose as little as possible to the monsters it makes sense to think creatively. I think AK and JJ will usually be too confused to make a play at the pot if you bet the minimum on the flop, so if they make a raise that commits them but is not all in that is almost certainly a monster, and since you are behind anyway, you can fold having lost 5$ postflop. If they just call and you then bet 150-200, how can JJ or AK call or move in?
I'm just trying to think of alternatives to moving in or check folding.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[If someone moves in here to a non-drawing board like this, then a good *thinking* opponent as stated will surely put the hero correctly on AK or even JJ and call with anything that can beat those.

[/ QUOTE ]i completely disagree with this. and i would GO ALLIN. hope he doesnt have JJ.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:21 PM

This was a live private game in Toronto

FWIW, the villain in this hand won the CPT event I posted my bustout hand in the MTT forum (AJ vs. AK), and was in fact the player with AK.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:23 PM

Doing something off the wall like betting the absolute minimum on the flop and half the pot on the turn would probably be scarier

I should bet $5 into a $290 pot?
Old 03-22-2005, 08:37 PM

That's a great idea, but remember that you have to muck if he raises you to $10; there's no defense against an opponent that creative.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:43 PM

does no one else think he has aces and puts villain on kings? why would he rereraise preflop when hero is already so pot committed and his only chance of getting out of the hand is if he actually has kings is if villain flops a set? i'd seriously consider the notion that villain himself has the aces. but yeah, what everyone else said - he's not folding here to any bet, unless it's JJ or AK, which are both unlikely. get out now.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:15 PM

LMAO, him raising to $10 would be fantastic. If he has you crushed you can pick up a draw to the nuts for close to free, or a outdraw JJ. In reality JJ will probably think "what the [censored] kind of bet is that?" Then call and hope to hit a set and take it from there. AK will probably call not knowing what else to do, though it might raise planning to fold to a reraise.

And I agree it does look like villain has AA.

Also, pretty constructive post nate, keep up the good work.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:31 AM

Hey, how about this. We both put up $100 or so and get some impartial qualified people to go through our 2+2 posts and decide whose have better content.

I haven't looked through yours, but I'm pretty confident.

--Nate