Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 03:19 AM

Default Re: Enlightened...

I think that poker success is most shown when the cards are cold. Limiting your losses when you are running bad is the sign of a good player (not that I'm there yet) [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

-Jaran
Old 07-06-2005, 06:03 AM

just to be clear: i didn't post "define good cards" to be smart or anything, but good cards could definitely mean marginal ones that perform well under certain circumstances.

"good cards" don't have to mean A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or KK- just adding to your posting that's all [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2005, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2. Playing bad, predictable players <font color="red">who take second-best hands too far and pay off $$$. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

excellent revision. i think sometimes even otherwise solid players do this for their "table image" or to defense the possibility of someone "making a move" on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys, I am a marginal winner - less than 1bb/hour at 1-2 and 2-4. When reviewing sessions I find places where I likely should be 'saving' 2bb against predictable/passive players. Major leak I think...

The biggest difference I notice moving up is getting paid off less with strong made hands.

The second biggest difference is running into players who play strongly against preflop raises. Much better from the blinds. Much better with pocket pairs.

Good post ollie.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that poker success is most shown when the cards are cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, that n00b Jennifer Harman said something similar here...
Losing streaks are the barometers for me. Show me a player on a winning streak and I won’t be able to rate him. Show me a player who is in a losing streak and I’ll be able to tell you if he can play.

we forgot the all-important #4:
when running bad, run from the "bring-in"... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2005, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that poker success is most shown when the cards are cold. Limiting your losses when you are running bad is the sign of a good player (not that I'm there yet) [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted for truth. I think the fact that I broke even during a 10K hand shi[/i]tbomb the entire month of June makes me feel a little better now that cards are actually falling my way in July (so far).
Old 07-06-2005, 01:29 PM

You forgot #4: Hitting flush draws.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
define "good cards"

[/ QUOTE ]

+EV cards... Which depends on a shitload of factors... position, opponents, table image, you skill, you opponents skill, preflop action up til you turn, the weather in Singapore... usw.

/Torben