Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: a free card play that worked! (friday nite LC)

[ QUOTE ]
One of the big weaknesses in my play is that I don't respond well to donkbets in shorthanded situations. I too often raise with A high when the guy has a hand, but when I fold, I get shown a pure bluff. I suck at poker, but I'm pretty sure that your play here is incorrect. With the caller in between you and the donk, the caller isn't bluffing. Additionally, you've got another guy who you have to hope gives you the free card.

Spider, do you just fold the flop, or peel and fold the turn UI?

[/ QUOTE ]

granted, if i get bet into on the turn, or 3-bet on the flop, i don't really have a plan.

today, at this moment, i would say if one of those guys bets the turn, after i've raised the flop & they called, seems to me they've improved (possibly to a point where spking a Q or K doesn't help me) & i'd throw my hand away, river be damned.

same goes for a turn C/R.

the only way it works is if the turn checks through and i make my pair by the river (& it doesn't improve Villain(s) hand(s))...
Old 06-04-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: a free card play that worked! (friday nite LC)

[ QUOTE ]
one could argue, that my river value-raise was iffy, since who knows if he has 2 pair or something

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah I think its OK. A lot of 6-max players will value bet and call a raise with ANYTHING, even a small pocket pair, after you check behind on the turn.