Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 03:43 AM

Default Re: AK pairs on scary board. Lots of action, what do I do?

Damn, you guys are crazy! I'm giving serious consideration to a toss here. What cards do you want to see on the turn and river? Everyone seems to think AK is behind in this hand. Good start. If that's true, why is this such an easy cap?? I'm just baffled.

I don't wanna get carried away with reads, cause I could be sooo far off....but here goes nothing:

UTG has some gay hearts or open-end and is NOT folding to even a cap.
MP has KJ, KT or JT.
Button has Q9s -- not hearts.

Mix these hands up a little and see that AK is not drawing too live...especially if some of your gutshot outs are raising their draws.

You don't want an ace, most likely don't want a king, definitely don't want a heart or a 9. Slightly ahead/WB.

I muck. Call me a sissy.

Edit: I'm too slow....I posted this before seeing the turn card.

Edit, Edit: UTG folded? One read down....LOL
Old 09-13-2005, 03:55 AM

Given how loose the opponents are, they could have a lot of different stuff here. Set hands are usually raising preflop, so the only time when we are in big trouble here, is when somebody already has a straight, but the AQ hands are raising preflop often. I ran some Pstove with different reasonable raises, and we are at worst slightly behind.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, Hero caps, UTG folds and MP and Button both call.

Turn comes A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], you are first to act. Now what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check/call- Im obviously seeing the river and most likely a SD with this hand and i think there is a huge chance we will be paying 2bets with the worst hand. I prefer a check/call as i think there is a huge chance we are behind here with outs.