Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 12:58 PM

Default Re: KK too aggressive?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what should i have raised to p/f?

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard preflop raises are 4xbb + 1bb for every limper.

So your minimum opening raise at the 50 NL tables should be $2...you didn't even raise to that...you only raised to $1.75...nobody is folding to that....you gave everyone awesome odds to suck out on your KK and then likely paid them off when you were losing.

Once there are several limpers and I have large pockets i'll often raise even more than my normal 4xbb+1...I might have raised to $4 or $5 here....if I've got a donkey that I know will call i'd raise to $10 here....depends on your reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

he raised to $2 (he was on the sb), and although I agree his pf raise is too small I think the flop overbet is much worse for reasons I already stated, I think people are giving this issue more consideration that it diserves.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

he raised to $2 (he was on the sb), and although I agree his pf raise is too small I think the flop overbet is much worse for reasons I already stated, I think people are giving this issue more consideration that it diserves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes the flop is bad. But that is related to the preflop action. Hero didn't raise enough, and then compounded the mistake by overplaying the hand postflop.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine says he raised to $1.75....not he raised $1.75.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:15 PM

I rather see everyone fold to my 4xbb bet with AA/KK than loosing to some donk with 46 offsuit. Happned to me too many times.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:21 PM

like everyone has said - pop that up way more than 1.75 pf.. just begging to get sucked out on.

as played, if you made that bet you've got to call the remaining 8.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
like everyone has said - pop that up way more than 1.75 pf.. just begging to get sucked out on.

as played, if you made that bet you've got to call the remaining 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

see, this is my problem with the hand, if he raises to $3 gets one caller and then overbets again on that board he's still screwed
Old 12-05-2005, 03:21 PM

if he reraises he has a better shot at putting villain on a hand...people aren't routinely calling a $4 or $5 preflop bet with utter crap...almost anyone calls $1.25 more with complete and total crap....now we have a big pot and no freaking clue what villain has.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:53 PM

I've found that $2 pf raise is good at most $50NL party tables. You don't usually face more than 2 opponents on the flop. If not, then I switch to $3.

When I have KK or AA on the button, I usually pause a little bit before raising. Makes them think I just had an idea to steal.