Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2005, 09:27 PM

Default AK on button capped 4 ways preflop Microlimits post

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Table is fairly standaed... LA-P for the most part. CO is 31/17/2.5
converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (16.40 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (18.20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Checked to CO who bets. Hero ??????

Final Pot: 18.20 BB
Old 05-10-2005, 09:43 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: AK on button capped 4 ways preflop Microlimits post

headsup it's closer, but I raise. with 2 people to act in a big pot I go for overcalls and I don't think it's close
Old 05-10-2005, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
headsup it's closer, but I raise. with 2 people to act in a big pot I go for overcalls and I don't think it's close

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands are you putting people on?
Old 05-10-2005, 10:12 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

BB cold capped so he could have JJ or TT. I think he bets the turn with AA or AK, though a scared AA seems likely. I think he'll pay off with JJ for one bet when he has it. UTG seems content with calling. he could have a drwa, but he limped UTG and called for 3 more. I think he's just attached to his hands. for two bets, both fold a good amount of the time. for one I think you get at least 1 call everytime and 2 calls occasionally.

I also don't think you have the best hand THAT often. QQ and KQ make a lot of sense here. you're just hoping he has AA or you're chopping
Old 05-10-2005, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BB cold capped so he could have JJ or TT. I think he bets the turn with AA or AK, though a scared AA seems likely. I think he'll pay off with JJ for one bet when he has it. UTG seems content with calling. he could have a drwa, but he limped UTG and called for 3 more. I think he's just attached to his hands. for two bets, both fold a good amount of the time. for one I think you get at least 1 call everytime and 2 calls occasionally.

I also don't think you have the best hand THAT often. QQ and KQ make a lot of sense here. you're just hoping he has AA or you're chopping

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason this hand is interesting for me is that CO's actions don't really make that much sense. Why does he expect me to bet? If he has KQ or QQ, why not raise the flop, and why not bet the turn rather than c/r. I dont really want to give results yet, as I think there's more to say about CO and BB taken together. I like your analysis of BB's hand though.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Results

[ QUOTE ]
I dont really want to give results yet, as I think there's more to say about CO and BB taken together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess I'm wrong about that.

Anyways I called. Two folds, CO shows QQ and AK is no good.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:21 PM

true, that is weird. it looks very contrived, the whole line. but the one thing we know is he has 2 cards, and while none of them make too much sense, QQ does stand out as a hand he might decide to play like that
Old 05-11-2005, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
QQ and KQ make a lot of sense here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm...why would QQ or KQ go for the turn c/r? Hero is the only player left to act and has given the villain no reason to think he will bet this turn. I think KQ or QQ would be very worried about the turn checking through and missing out on so many bets.

Surf
Old 05-10-2005, 10:20 PM

I put CO on a boat of some sort. 44, 33 or KQ. I'd still probably call the river.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:04 PM

BBs line had me a bit confused at first, but upon reflection I think he's pretty solidly on AQ/JJ/TT/99 or some-such.

My first reaction to COs play was slowplayed QQ - but 2 things dissuade me from that idea.
-the pot is huge, so slowplaying is less likely
-the CO has no way to know that our hero will bet the turn. QQ would hate to miss 3 bets by having the turn check through, and IMO would bet this turn the majority of the time.

I find it unlikely that CO would iso-raise with 33 or 44 preflop, so that's out. KQ would likely raise the flop. So CO looks to be AK or KJ/KT etc that hit on the turn also.

BB going into calldown mode makes me confident hero is ahead on the turn. UTG calling along the whole way reeks of a flush draw - I 3bet on the turn for value and bet again on a non-spade river.

As it stands I raise the river because a busted flush is not calling, and anyone with a Q or K is calling (or reraising). I figure hero to be ahead here a significant amount of the time, even if reraised.

Surf