Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 01:00 PM

Default T8s BB defence

This is my very first hand at the table..i havent played against these guys before.

Ultimate Bet 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (6.20 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks...

Is it worth having a bluff at the river?
How about the rest of the hand?
Old 12-12-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: T8s BB defence

rest of the hand looks good.

check/fold the river, that A is the death card.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:07 PM

yeah don't try to bluff him out after he has called the turn. nh.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:09 PM

I would bet this river for sure. I like the Ace, actually. Sure it may have hit him, but if not it looks just as scary to your oppponent as it does to you. You'll be successful at least 1 in 7 if not more.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet this river for sure. I like the Ace, actually. Sure it may have hit him, but if not it looks just as scary to your oppponent as it does to you. You'll be successful at least 1 in 7 if not more.

[/ QUOTE ]

range please?
Old 12-12-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check/fold the river, that A is the death card.

[/ QUOTE ]

So in these situations are we check/folding any river unimproved against an unknown, or just the nasty ones?

Say the river card was 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or something like that...still check/fold?
Old 12-12-2005, 01:11 PM

Is this preflop call standard? This doesn't look like a blind steal with 5 players left to act.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this preflop call standard? This doesn't look like a blind steal with 5 players left to act.

[/ QUOTE ]
i definitely think we can recoup some of our initial big blind by playing this hand against an unknown raiser in his position.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:15 PM

I'm sorry, I'm not a frequent poster, so I'm not sure what you mean by range. Do you mean what could opponent have? If so, maybe some kind of low pocket pair. Also, he might be tight/weak and have some kind of queen, put you on overcards, and now disgustedly folds to a second board overcard. Keep in mind I'm sure the river bluff will "fail" quite often, but not more than 6 out of 7, in my opinion. I could be quite wrong, however!
Old 12-12-2005, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i definitely think we can recoup some of our initial big blind by playing this hand against an unknown raiser in his position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting - I might be playing too tight in these situations. How low of a 1-gapper will you call here? How about 0-gappers?