Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Starting 1/2 6Max AQ hand

[ QUOTE ]
We don't have to check/raise the flop if we miss... I would definitely check/raise this flop though had I not capped preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

i didnt mean c/r if we miss. i dont think i said that. ill check. maybe i wasn't clear. i mean if we cap and we miss we still have to lead into a field w/ 2 solid hands, correct? that's why if we call and the flop is terrible for us there is no shame in folding or c/c. and can c/r if we hit.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:49 PM

A 9.5 PFR at 6 max is on the low side, and you're capping a readily dominated hand against a 3bet? I'm tempted to just fold preflop. This guy's most likely hands are TT-AA, and AK, and you're a favorite against none of those. He might have another AQ, but I don't think the typical 9.5% PFR is 3betting with AJs or KQs all that often. Even if we give him credit for 99 and 88, you're still not a favorite.

This guy capped the flop against a preflop capper. You honestly think that he has KQ often enough to call down? I think we have outs to draw on the turn, but I'm folding the river.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:59 PM

A fold preflop may have been the best move to make in the hand lol.

I felt like he might be making this play with a smaller pocket pair or AQ enough of the time to call the river getting 14.5-1. In retrospect though realizing he played aggressively preflop and continued that on the flop I should have known I was most likely beat. I kind of talked myself into the fact that I might have the best hand and called down. Interesting thoughts on the hand Wookie...thanks.

Durs
Old 07-28-2005, 05:59 PM

I call PF for the reason that the button might isolate 3-bet and AQs is not a such a bad hand.

Folding the river is very weak. He might often have AA/KK or sometimes a flush but a few times it can be A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K that missed and he just tries to steal this huge pot or TT/JJ or K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q
Old 07-28-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A fold preflop may have been the best move to make in the hand lol.

[/ QUOTE ]
Better than overplaying it preflop and on the flop methinks, building a big pot that it becomes harder to get away from as you continue to add bet after bet to this likely second best hand.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:26 PM

Posting blind:

9.5 pfr is low for 6-max. The flop is played fine, but that cap along with his relatively low pfr makes me believe I'm behind here. After that flop cap, I'm saying AA-QQ. At first thought, I'm thinking call the turn but fold the river UI. Let's see what the math says...

AA - 3 ways - 2 outs
KK - 6 ways - 5 outs
QQ - 1 way - 0 outs

That's 10 possibilities.

(3/10)*2 + (6/10)*5 + (1/10)*0 = 3.6 outs on average.

With 3.6 outs, you need ~ 11.75:1. You're getting better than that. Call the turn, but fold the river UI.

*EDIT* I know we hate folding the river for one bet in a big pot, but with those raising standards, are we ahead that often? The only remotely reasonable hand we're beating is KQ. I don't see JJ capping this flop.