Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2004, 03:14 AM

Default Hello,CJ! I\'m assuming that...

your recollection of these ranks and suits are APPROXIMATIONS to the realistic board. Either that or U have an unusually terrific memory. Which is it?
When I post a hand,it is similar to a scientic model--only an approx. to the REAL situation. I believe that one almost have to have a photographic memory to recall--even after a day or two--all suits,ranks,positions,player types,Etc.
It's my understanding that Stu Unger had an unusual memory.
Happy Pokering, [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
SittingBull
Old 06-16-2004, 05:53 AM

Default Re: Hello,CJ! I\'m assuming that...

Hey Bull,

No, these are the real boards.. If I can't remember cards I post it ( such as in this hand where I don't exactly remember the other folded cards on third )..

Actually I found it real easy to remember this particualar board..

Now if I was doing one of my 24 hour super-sessions.. and I was in the 23rd hour.. I somehow don't think I could recall all the cards.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

CJ

P.S. - I wish I was Stu Ungar.. ( without the drug problem though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Later
Old 06-16-2004, 09:37 AM

Default Re: Another 10-20 Hand..FIFTH street.. MY THOUGHTS!!

Hello,

I am surprised that many of you thought this raise on 5th was a good one. MY feeling at the time was raise now, and after all the heat I have put on people up to this point, I will probably get a free card on 6th if needed. Plus my hand has real value assuming everyone will call. BUT.. now that I think about it.. assuming no one goes anywhere, if I wait and catch a flush card on 6th..I will be bet into again ( more than likely ), and I get to raise then and get even more money in the pot..

But after I really started thinking about it.. Poster B-MAN sums it all up nicely in his response..

[ QUOTE ]
I'm all for increasing your chances of winning the pot, but in this case, I don't think a raise will increase CJ's chances of winning because (1) a raise probably isn't going to knock anyone out, and (2) even if it does knock out the player with 10-2-2 (the only player that I think might fold at this point), kings up are probably going to beat that player (2's are dead, and if he has 10's up, he is drawing to the last 10 in the deck for a hand which can beat kings up)(if he has 4 clubs, he isn't folding regardless).

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you want to knock out that player if he has two dead pairs, and I don't think you *can* knock out that player if he has a flush draw, so I don't think this raise will accomplish anything other than put more money into the pot while you are still behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will post 6th street and the results sometime late tonight / early tomorrow. I am glad I decided to post the whole hand after all.. This is turning out to be a good discussion..

Thanks,

CJ

P.S. -- EVERYONE CALLED THE $40...$504 pot after fifth
Old 06-16-2004, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Another 10-20 Hand..FIFTH street.. MY THOUGHTS!!

Showdown analysis 5th street:

Ks 7h 5s 6s 7s 28.4%
Th Tc 2h 2c 9.2%
Qs Qh 2d 2s 32.02%
3c Jc Ac 6c 9h 30.4%

Dead cards: As Td 4h

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ks 7h 5s 6s 7s 36.46%
Th Tc 2h 2c 8.96%
Qs Qh 2d 2s 27.76%
Ah Ac 6c 9h 26.82%

Dead cards: As Td 4h

Ks 7h 5s 6s 7s 34.91%
Qs Qh 2d 2s 27.60%
Ah Ac 6c 9h 37.50%

Dead Cards: As Td 4h Tc 2h 2c

Ks 7h 5s 6s 7s 31.55%
Qs Qh 2d 2s 35.04%
Ah Ac 6c 9h 33.41%

Dead Cards: As Td 4h Tc 2h 2c

Old 06-16-2004, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Another 10-20 Hand.. Ongoing Saga.. FIFTH street

I like this raise a lot more than your first two. This one might actually get someone out, and I would say that this is to your advantage, as Kings-up is now a reasonable possible winning hand. By raising here, I think it looks for all the world like you were rolled-up. I don't think I'd call with Tens-up or bare Aces here. Even if everyone calls, you should win this pot more than 1/4 of the time, so you're getting value. You're also setting yourself up to take a free card on sixth street in the likely event that you want one (the live one isn't betting Tens-up into the field after all this action, is he?). I think it's a good raise. I would like this raise even if you had played more sensibly and the pot was smaller smaller. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Whatever happened, you should have sealed your image as a maniac. I hope you hung around to exploit it. I also hope you made an effort to get on the live one's left. From the tone of your post, I'm guessing that someone made two open pair and you threw up.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:44 PM

Default Re: Hello,CJ! I\'m assuming that...

If you were Stu Ungar....

1) You'd still have the gambling jones.

2) You'd still be dead.