Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 12:39 AM

Default Last hand I swear

down to 145 in the PP tournament. I have 66 in late position. One limper, I limp in the cutoff. SB calls, BB checks. I have 17000 in chips. SB is the chip leader.

Flop comes Q 6 4 with two hearts. SB bets 1,000 (the min). BB calls. I raise it to 4000. SB calls. The turn is a Jack of hearts. He pushes...hero?
Old 11-05-2005, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Last hand I swear

Fold because you always post bad beat threads and you obviously lost.

Fgators there is nothing you can do here. Stop posting crap like this.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try to mix up some more interesting posts. I'm really not complaining, I just don't know what a good player does in this situation. Is there REALLY nothing I can do here?
Old 11-05-2005, 01:05 AM

I've read some of your posts and seen you play on pokerstars and my opinion is you need to rethink the basics. This is fairly late in a tournament and you only have 17bb (I'll let someone else explain this in HOH/M terms). Limping 66 here is very marginal, especially if you don't know your opponents well enough to play without a set. Depending on the feel of the table and your reads you should be focusing on raising to isolate or folding (or limping sometimes, it can be ok).
Once you flop a 6 making a heroic fold just doesn't make sense. Getting away from hands isn't as important to becoming a winning player as the fundamentals of how you get the hand started. You are thinking like you are in a 200nl game but keep in mind you have the equivalent of $34. Solid players like CSC spend more time thinking about preflop ranges and steal/restealing at this stage of the tournament than folding sets.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've read some of your posts and seen you play on pokerstars and my opinion is you need to rethink the basics. This is fairly late in a tournament and you only have 17bb (I'll let someone else explain this in HOH/M terms). Limping 66 here is very marginal, especially if you don't know your opponents well enough to play without a set. Depending on the feel of the table and your reads you should be focusing on raising to isolate or folding (or limping sometimes, it can be ok).
Once you flop a 6 making a heroic fold just doesn't make sense. Getting away from hands isn't as important to becoming a winning player as the fundamentals of how you get the hand started. You are thinking like you are in a 200nl game but keep in mind you have the equivalent of $34. Solid players like CSC spend more time thinking about preflop ranges and steal/restealing at this stage of the tournament than folding sets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate the feedback. I was worried about the preflop limper in early position. I had not seen him do that much before. That was my reason for not raising preflop. You think this is an easy raise preflop? I do have a lot to learn still.

From what you've seen of me do you think I play way too weakly?
Old 11-05-2005, 01:12 AM

While the PF limp may be indicative of a problem (ie, you made the right play for the wrong reasons), I like the limp. I'm perfectly ok with throwing away 6% of my stack for the 12% chance of tripping the flop and possibly doubling up.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

holla pwned.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:47 AM

call. He's got 2 chances to get all your money in the pot, and he pushes the turn? I don't think so. AQ, JQ, whatever. Call. Hey, you got 10 outs if you're wrong.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:49 AM

Did you read MLGs post about not asking people to make decisions for you?
Old 11-05-2005, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you read MLGs post about not asking people to make decisions for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Me? No, I haven't looked, if you are referring to me. And by making decisions you mean I shouldn't ask what I should do in a hand? I don't get the point of this forum then.