Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Last hand I swear (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=372210)

11-05-2005 12:39 AM

Last hand I swear

down to 145 in the PP tournament. I have 66 in late position. One limper, I limp in the cutoff. SB calls, BB checks. I have 17000 in chips. SB is the chip leader.

Flop comes Q 6 4 with two hearts. SB bets 1,000 (the min). BB calls. I raise it to 4000. SB calls. The turn is a Jack of hearts. He pushes...hero?

billyjex 11-05-2005 12:43 AM

Re: Last hand I swear

Fold because you always post bad beat threads and you obviously lost.

Fgators there is nothing you can do here. Stop posting crap like this.

CardSharpCook 11-05-2005 12:47 AM

call. He's got 2 chances to get all your money in the pot, and he pushes the turn? I don't think so. AQ, JQ, whatever. Call. Hey, you got 10 outs if you're wrong.

11-05-2005 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try to mix up some more interesting posts. I'm really not complaining, I just don't know what a good player does in this situation. Is there REALLY nothing I can do here?

aaronbeen 11-05-2005 01:05 AM

I've read some of your posts and seen you play on pokerstars and my opinion is you need to rethink the basics. This is fairly late in a tournament and you only have 17bb (I'll let someone else explain this in HOH/M terms). Limping 66 here is very marginal, especially if you don't know your opponents well enough to play without a set. Depending on the feel of the table and your reads you should be focusing on raising to isolate or folding (or limping sometimes, it can be ok).
Once you flop a 6 making a heroic fold just doesn't make sense. Getting away from hands isn't as important to becoming a winning player as the fundamentals of how you get the hand started. You are thinking like you are in a 200nl game but keep in mind you have the equivalent of $34. Solid players like CSC spend more time thinking about preflop ranges and steal/restealing at this stage of the tournament than folding sets.

11-05-2005 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've read some of your posts and seen you play on pokerstars and my opinion is you need to rethink the basics. This is fairly late in a tournament and you only have 17bb (I'll let someone else explain this in HOH/M terms). Limping 66 here is very marginal, especially if you don't know your opponents well enough to play without a set. Depending on the feel of the table and your reads you should be focusing on raising to isolate or folding (or limping sometimes, it can be ok).
Once you flop a 6 making a heroic fold just doesn't make sense. Getting away from hands isn't as important to becoming a winning player as the fundamentals of how you get the hand started. You are thinking like you are in a 200nl game but keep in mind you have the equivalent of $34. Solid players like CSC spend more time thinking about preflop ranges and steal/restealing at this stage of the tournament than folding sets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate the feedback. I was worried about the preflop limper in early position. I had not seen him do that much before. That was my reason for not raising preflop. You think this is an easy raise preflop? I do have a lot to learn still.

From what you've seen of me do you think I play way too weakly?

CardSharpCook 11-05-2005 01:12 AM

While the PF limp may be indicative of a problem (ie, you made the right play for the wrong reasons), I like the limp. I'm perfectly ok with throwing away 6% of my stack for the 12% chance of tripping the flop and possibly doubling up.

11-05-2005 01:13 AM

the guy is weird pushing a top pair hand and the flush scares him.

call it, you have outs.

11-05-2005 01:14 AM

I just think I'm unhappy with my call of the all in because right before the turn is dealt out and he calls my flop raise I am thinking "no heart, push the turn, no heart, push the turn". Then the queen of hearts comes out and I've got a 14,000 bet at me. The thing is the chip average is 19,000. If I pick up a big hand I can double up to 28,000. I just think I made a dumb play when I knew I had 10 outs.

I think it was dumb to stick 14,000 in when I invested about 6,000. I knew I had to be done. Why would the villain put me all in there on the one suit I knew had me beat?

Pat Southern 11-05-2005 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

holla pwned.