Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2005, 11:49 PM

Default Having an 87 in your hand is stupid

OK two more situations that I have been having trouble with also...

Do you ever break pat hands in the low stakes on UB? So many times after the second draw I will make a 87632 or something, I will bet because my opponent drew one also, then I am raised, stand pat and call down and lose. Granted, this doesnt happen tooo much, and I actually win some of these showdowns but it seems a majority of the time I am getting smoked. Another one is would go like this...

After second draw guys bets, I raise with my 87542 or something that I CAN break, guy three bets, stands pat, I stand pat, he bets I call and lose. So basically I am asking is how big/small does the pot have to be for me to break this hand and try to redraw to a 7. I have a feeling this is another one of those things I shouldnt really worry about but still...

Parte Dos: When I open a pot with a hand like 8732 and get one customer do you prefer to toss the 8 on occasion? Assume this is against an unknown and you have no idea how he/she plays. What if more than one person calls, say two or maybe even three? I dont really love openeing with 8742 drawing a 6 or something and then be put the situation I talked about above.

Does this make any sense...at all?

I am still running very good. I suck at 2-7 but I am still somehow making money. I think I called bets post draw at last five or six times today with hands I had no business calling bets with. I suck. I am getting slighty* better at extracting value post third draw though. I also tried to 'snow' a guy today. Didnt work. It probably wasnt the right guy to try it on, but hey..live and learn. I played with Mark yesterday when I was 'taking my shot' at the 1-2 game. I was slightly tilted but I had just gone on a mega rush playing .50-1 so it was all gravy. He probably thinks I play really really bad based on the hands he saw OK. Adios yall