Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2005, 07:29 PM

Default Another Hollywood Park angleshot

The following came up in a 15/30 at HP Friday night.

"Hero" is a HP regular and likely a small winner in the game. He's on crazy aggro monkey tilt tonight, though. "Villain" is someone I haven't seen before, seems very loose-passive and fishy and probably hasn't been playing poker very long.

Hero's SB, Villain's BB.

Flop: 556 with two hearts

Hero checks, Villain checks, some guy bets, couple of calls, Hero c/r's, Villain calls.

Turn: some heart

Hero bets, Villain calls, everyone else folds.

Right before the river is dealt, Hero goes all-in for his last two chips.

River's another heart. Villain turns his KhTs face-up and places it on the table. Hero tables his 53 offsuit. The dealer then mucks Villain's hand.

It was obvious from the way the action went down that Villain thought Hero was already all-in. Villain got upset and couldn't understand why he wasn't getting the pot. Hero kept chirping about how Villain didn't call the river bet.

The floor was called over and said he was willing to check the tape, but that if Villain didn't call the last bet the pot would be awarded to Hero. After much discussion between the two players, they agreed to chop the pot.

I thought this was a nice gesture on Hero's part, but that he was still a douche for essentially using an angle against a player who made the game better. I'd be interested to see what everyone else thinks here.