Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Re: So I have some \"old\" baseball cards

What packs/sets/boxes are best to buy in hopes of your cards being valuable one day?
Old 07-14-2005, 12:50 PM

I do have some odd really really old like 1930's old baseball card . I have no idea how much it is worth. It is even signed by him, too. It is blackwhite even. I'm sure it's authentic. Anyway, the last year on it is like 1933 or something. I wonder how much it is worth. I bought it from a kid when I was in middle school back in the early 90's/late 80's. He had no idea how much his cards were worth and neither do I. How much do you think a 1930's card in decent condition would be ?
Old 07-14-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What packs/sets/boxes are best to buy in hopes of your cards being valuable one day?

[/ QUOTE ]

The good things now to look for are low numbered rookies & rookie auto's. The only problem is though you have to wait a couple years for them to make it to the majors to find out if the card is going to have real value or not.

Bowman Chrome in baseball is THE elite set right now because it's packed with rookies and rookie autos. The only problem is most of the rookies are right from the amateur draft, so it'll be years before you see them in a MLB uni.

For instance, Soriano's rookie card was 99 Bowman Chrome. Although he had a couple late callups before, he wasn't really playing on the Yankees and producing until 2001. There was a mad dash to find his cards once he broke.

For football, it's the same type thing, low numbered rookies and rookie auto's. The premium rookie autos to have almost always come from Playoff Contenders. SP Authentic rookie jersey cards are another huge hit for football.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do have some odd really really old like 1930's old baseball card . I have no idea how much it is worth. It is even signed by him, too. It is blackwhite even. I'm sure it's authentic. Anyway, the last year on it is like 1933 or something. I wonder how much it is worth. I bought it from a kid when I was in middle school back in the early 90's/late 80's. He had no idea how much his cards were worth and neither do I. How much do you think a 1930's card in decent condition would be ?

[/ QUOTE ]

It really all depends on who it is, although even commons in decent shape can fetch $20-$50. The rich old-timers still like to put the old sets together and will pay top dollar for a card they need in good condition.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:33 PM

How is it that nolanfan hasn't posted the pic of his unopened Donnies yet??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]