Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Turn and River

Ok, "do-over": What you should have done was capped the flop and turn and hopefully river since that winning card is coming; and you were ahead of sb the whole way and bb w/his str would pay it off...

Mike

PS It's a tough one; based on OP I don't see what you have to second-guess...
Old 11-28-2005, 06:41 PM

thats not what i meant, i still feel it was an ok laydown however against a straight i have enough fullhouse outs to call the turn raise. The only hands BB can hold that i dont have enough outs to call turn with is QQ or a 9. While they are quite likely given the action AA or KK could also be possible. Its a pretty close decision in my opinion
Old 11-28-2005, 07:05 PM

It's close, but I respect the fact you had the discipline to lay it down based on your analysis (even if it was slightly wrong). I don't think KK or AA play it like that too often. You're looking at a 9 or straight (maybe 88) the vast majority of the time.

Don't post results in that manner. It cheapens the whole thread.

FWIW, I think your fold was correct. You have enough odds for a 4-outer, and against the range of hands you're facing I think you're looking at less than that.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thats not what i meant

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I talk "pushy" without meaning to sound that way; just wanted to say I really meant that "do-over" in a lighthearted sense; wasn't trying to sound snotty or anything (not that you said I was)...

Mike
Old 11-28-2005, 10:08 PM

My initial thought was 3-betting the flop. Then, after reading the posts, I thought this would probably be spewing. Turns out a 3-bet was in order. Either way, there is a very slim chance I am folding here.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:46 PM

I really appreciate your input. Maybe i was a bit short in my reply, im on european time and its getting a bit late, i was just trying to explain my thoughts. Anyway thanks for your responses mate!

Jesper
Old 11-28-2005, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (6 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds, SB calls.

River: (11 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks.

Final Pot: 11 BB

SB shows [ Qc, Js ] a full house, Nines full of queens.
BB doesn't show [ Jd, Th ] a straight, eight to queen.
SB wins $107 from the main pot with a full house, Nines full of queens.

Guess this is why im secondguessing my fold..........

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to comment and provide analysis until you posted the above. Frankly, this is horrible and you should refrain in the future from posting the results so early until a significant amount of thoughts is provided as to not skew the analysis process. You really, really shouldn't feel good at all from having folded your hand after seeing the results...results don't make any play whether it's a fold/call/raise correct.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:57 AM

Default Re: Can i fold ??? 5/10 AA

If you have good reads, trust your reads. If you don't, let pot size and math and happy stuff guide you.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:17 AM

Well i kinda thought the thread was dead tahts why i posted results. Most thought i should fold and couple seemed to think it wasnt a very hard decision, i thought it to be a fold aswell and still do, i posted results to help illustrate that maybe i had po to call.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:56 AM

Default Re: Can i fold ??? 5/10 AA

I think it's a good fold.

nh.