Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 05:16 AM

Default Re: player differences between .5/1 and 1/2 @ party

[ QUOTE ]
Because there are much more better players on this stake, you must have a good and nearly complete Pokertracker-Database, because you want to play against the noobs. And you need to play a little tighter. Some Hands like 99 you raise for value profitable if there are many bad and loose players on this table. But if the opponents play tighter 99 is no hand for preflop valueraises, because your opponents will call and reraise you only with hands that are better than your 99 most times.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the table is super-tight and would only re-raise with hands > 99, I'm raising crap like J9s UTG.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If the table is super-tight and would only re-raise with hands > 99, I'm raising crap like J9s UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play on tables sometimes where most people have something like that for reraising standards, and I assure you raising J9s utg is a bad idea here.

Loosening up somewhat from the BTN/CO isn't a bad idea though, especially if people don't tend to adapt accordingly.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:13 AM

It depends on when you play. For people in USA it's not a huge difference when they play in the evenings. If you play european daytime it's a different animal. That's why we have these arguments all the time.
In my database 30k 0.5/1 hands ASF (average saw flop) 40 %. 35k 1/2 it's 29 % with much more raised pots preflop.
=> HUGE DIFFERENCE, no two ways about it. Period
Old 06-23-2005, 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It depends on when you play. For people in USA it's not a huge difference when they play in the evenings. If you play european daytime it's a different animal. That's why we have these arguments all the time.
In my database 30k 0.5/1 hands ASF (average saw flop) 40 %. 35k 1/2 it's 29 % with much more raised pots preflop.
=> HUGE DIFFERENCE, no two ways about it. Period

[/ QUOTE ]

This matches my experience. If you're logging in at 9 pm Eastern Time you won't see a difference, but in the "off hours" the difference is enormous.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:45 AM

What do you mean by "Complete Poker Tracker Database"?

Excuse my newbie ignorance! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2005, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if the players are better and more aggressive, your edge will be less bb/100 than before, and therefore you should expect greater swings in terms of bb/100 over 5k hands or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true? To what extent are the swings extended? How long do you hang on before a major re-evaluation?
Old 06-23-2005, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if the players are better and more aggressive, your edge will be less bb/100 than before, and therefore you should expect greater swings in terms of bb/100 over 5k hands or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true? To what extent are the swings extended? How long do you hang on before a major re-evaluation?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think to some extent as long as you are reasonably comfortable with the poker in the games, you just have to commit to playing a certain number of hands at the level before re-evaluating, otherwise you'll drive yourself nuts every time you have to rebuy.