Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Name Calling

Andy, my point wasn't that the Democrats aren't physically doing anything, it's that what they are doing (obstruction of anything GOP-backed) is what they are putting more effort into. Reid can propose bills all day, but it doesn't amount to jack squat if they don't actively work to promote them. All I (and I assume many Americans) hear from the Dems is what the GOP is doing wrong.
Old 04-30-2005, 02:38 AM

Well, one day Dead will actually have to get a job and pay taxes. Maybe then he will understand that taxes are not too low. Sort of that saying that goes a "conservative" is a "liberal" who has been mugged.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:54 AM

Andy, Reid is as far left and as looney as they get to qoute anything he says as a basis for an argument well you could do better.
A perfect example of Reid hypocracy is he has been for means testing Soc.Sec for EVER. That is until Bush suggested it.
Guess which side hes on now?
Old 05-01-2005, 11:45 PM

"All I (and I assume many Americans) hear from the Dems is what the GOP is doing wrong."

I too think that is what most people hear. I think one of their main problems is that they have no real attractive, interesting, charismatic leaders (with the possible exception of Howard Dean). The star of the party is undoubtedly Bill Clinton and he's not going to be running for anything. As bad a speaker as I think Bill Frist is, Hillary Clinton is worse. The two most vocal Democrats are probably Robert Byrd and Ted Kennedy, two old war-horses who likely turn off at least as many people as they turn on. Pelosi and Reid come across, it seems to me, as lightweights. Not necessarily in an intellectual sense, but certainly in a political sense.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:47 PM

BCVP asked what ideas the Dems are putting forth, so I just went to Reid's website to see if I could find some things they've proposed. I haven't examined the substance of the bills and, in essence, I agree that one of the Dems' problems is that they're coming across sort of like the old Groucho Marx song: "Whatever it is, I'm against it."
Old 05-01-2005, 11:55 PM

Yeah, I should have framed the question as what major legislation have the Dems gone out to promote. Of course almost every (if not every) legislator in Congress has their own pet projects, but that's not good enough. I think if the Dems want to have a chance, they need to start proposing stuff and promote. The Dems can't wait till the next election to start doing that, they need to build a track record. Right now, at least in my mind, their track record since Bush has been elected is to dig their heels in. If the Dems change, the GOP might have a rough time the next few.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:01 AM

Default Re: *Official* President Bush Press Conference

[ QUOTE ]
And sooner or later you and BGC should get your noses out of GWB's ass and admit that he has made mistakes as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Impossible. They'll make pretenses of "balance" when it serves their rhetorical purposes, much like Fox does, but there is precious little substance behind it. Bush could eat a live baby on national TV, and BGC would immediately blame "the liberal media" for showing the footage.

q/q