Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2004, 03:11 PM

Default The Platinum Poker Club to be Blacklisted

As some of you may know, PremierPokerProps managed props for The Platinum Poker Club in August and September. PremierPokerProps pay for doing this was a X% override on the total prop's pay (prop pay was a 100% rake back.) Dating back to work done in August, PremierPokerProps is still owed funds. For the majority of our props, PremierPokerProps has only been paid 75% of what they are owed. However, there are a handful of props that The Platinum Poker Club has not paid anything for.

They have been given over two months to resolve these issues, and have not. Many times my emails were ignored, and only after much pestering was I able to obtain any response. On November 2nd, they were sent an ultimatum to either make serious headway on our outstanding issues in one week, or face the saga going public on BW, 2+2, and getting blacklisted on BW. The total due is not a terribly large sum (just a few hundred) so I find it greatly distressing that they have chosen to let this happen.

I hope this information enables everyone to make a more informed decision of where to play.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:17 PM

Default Re: The Platinum Poker Club to be Blacklisted

IMO these people were shady from day one, even just recently I played in a point freeroll and the software failed to merge the games as the tables dropped and ended up with 2 tables with 1 person at it. The next time I played people at other tables were never transfered to table 1 and thus were kicked from tournament without prizes still having chips. To my knowledge they never corrected these issues of these games and wrongfully awarded prized to people who did not place.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO these people were shady from day one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made good money out of The Platinum Poker Club in the first months after their launch, when they were offering very generous freerolls and regular $ 500 guaranteed tournaments (at which only a handful off people turned up). There wasn’t even a cash out requirement attached to freeroll winnings. It seemed a bit to good to be true, but I haven’t had any problems cashing out… and that was without ever having to deposit or being hassled for ID documentation.

So to say they were shady from the beginning is rubbish. They tried to capture a piece of the market by being very generous, and failed. Plain and simple.

Their problem is that they’ve never been able to get a decent number of tables going. The tables that they did have were usually $2/$4 or $3/$6 limit tables with a preposterously low percentage of players per plop. This whole poker props idea was and is a very bad idea. It attracts the sort of players who play tight as a rock and therefore hardly generate any action. (You might say props are worse than bots [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ). I know I didn’t feel any urge to try the ring games, anyway.

$ 7 left in my account now. I think I might try one last tourney or see if they have a micro-limit table running tonight…
Old 11-12-2004, 10:08 AM

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank JEK187 for the professional, up-front manner in which he has handled his business.

I was fortunate enough to have gotten out early, and gotten paid what I was owed. I'm sorry to hear others haven't.

Although the Platinum Poker Club has been shady and untrustworthy, it should be no reflection on JEK and his venture.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend anyone towards working with Jason. He has been nothing but honest and hard-working in my experience.

Cheers,
JTrout
Old 11-10-2004, 03:57 PM

The total due is not a terribly large sum (just a few hundred) so I find it greatly distressing that they have chosen to let this happen.

imo, this is more distressing than if the amounts were higher. a higher figure owed to you could be explained by the fact that they are having financial problems. nickel and diming you for pennies shows an utter lack of class and integrity.

i would not play this room if they staked me with house funds.
Old 11-10-2004, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The total due is not a terribly large sum (just a few hundred) so I find it greatly distressing that they have chosen to let this happen.

imo, this is more distressing than if the amounts were higher. a higher figure owed to you could be explained by the fact that they are having financial problems. nickel and diming you for pennies shows an utter lack of class and integrity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was of the school of thought that the small figure was more distressing because with a large figure, they could think the benefits of not paying outweigh the cost (tons of bad publicity.) However, with such a small figure involved, it makes me think that they can't pay.

Either way, it's not pretty.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was of the school of thought that the small figure was more distressing because with a large figure, they could think the benefits of not paying outweigh the cost (tons of bad publicity.) However, with such a small figure involved, it makes me think that they can't pay.

Either way, it's not pretty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have to agree with this. Remember the ton of money they dropped at first and all the hype without having to be too much of a spammer. Then the ridiculous rules came out, the shady practices. My favorite is still the 100 raked hands requirement after you have made a player to player transfer. Something I never found in their rules and a question they would never answer directly was why have a rule like that, especially one that is not disclosed until the receiver tries to cash out.

You must think that they do not have the money to pay. Have they ever denied owing this money to you Jek?

At 7:30pm ET they have 1 4 handed game going, a .02/.04 NL game.

Another Dobrosoft room biting the dust, does it smell like Choice Poker yet? Owing a few hundred for months spells doom to me.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:40 PM

Something I never found in their rules and a question they would never answer directly was why have a rule like that, especially one that is not disclosed until the receiver tries to cash out.

wow. i kinda like this idea! i hate that they did not disclose it, but i like the concept.

i think this would make it much harder for scumbags to collude with fake accounts and multiple aliases.

none of the players would go for it though, but it is certainly unique.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have they ever denied owing this money to you Jek?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they haven't. Our correspondence normally went something like this.

Me: You owe me money for this, this, and that.
Me: It's been 3 days, and I haven't got a response.
Me: It's been a week, and I haven't got a response.
Them: I'm sorry, i don't understand
Me: You owe me money for this, this and that (in different words.)
Them: You need to email this guy tppcguy@tppp.com
Me: You owe me money for this, this, and that.
Them: I'm sorry, i don't understand
Me: You owe me money for this, this and that (in different words.)
Them: I'm sorry, you need to talk to the 1st person you were emailing.

You get the idea.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:08 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

this is exactly how my conversations went with them for about a week and a half when i was removing all my funds from there cause it smelled fishy. if you recall jek, i contacted you cause i had a bad vibe i wasnt going to get paid. and when i called their support to find where my cashout was, i was given, we are working on it, when i asked for any more information i was given that robotic answer till the man just hung up on me. I may be owed a little prop pay, if you are lucky enough to recieve any monies, its yours for the headache these unprofessional clowns have caused.