FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2005, 12:57 PM

Default Re: I hate pocket pairs...

why did you check the turn?

and yes, fold to 2 bets
Old 08-14-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK adsman, is it possible for you to show me some hands where you have mid PPs like this, multiple callers, overcards on the flop, and where you still win?

[/ QUOTE ]

By betting on the flop you showed that you weren't too worried about a J. In an unraised pot this would be incorrect as most players would raise with an A,K,Q combination preflop, meaning that a J high flop would have probably hit someone. But this is a raised pot with 4 cold-callers, (great table). BUT, two of the cold-callers posted so they could literally have anything. So on this hand I think there's a good chance that you're stuffed, (due to the two posters), but normally in a raised pot preflop I would bet this all the time. The 3 would thus be a good card as you're looking at whiffed overcards. Here it's not so great but I still follow up anyway.

PP's are hugely under-rated. If you can get them HU they can win a lot of the time. Look for paired boards. 33 on a 885 board against 2 oppoents can be easily won if the right card comes on the Turn. It takes experience and selective aggression but you're giving away too much if you throw away PP's every time you don't hit a set.

[ QUOTE ]
PS, are you Australian? If so, from an Englishman, I'm sorry about how things are going [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are a very long way from winning the ashes. A lot further than you think. Because you're Poms. And Poms are good at one thing. Choking. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2005, 01:26 PM

I would lead this turn. If it comes back to me two, then I'll fold. If I get raised, I'm calling down no more than one bet against unknowns.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:42 PM

Call me weak, but I check/fold this turn. Betting seems spewy to me.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:57 PM

Thanks for the clarification, I do need some practise with PPs. I know they are underrated, but I still have trouble with them, especially when overcards fall.

I didn't know there were so many Aussies around! Its gonna make it even more fun when we take back the ashes (for the first time since I've been into cricket as well). You guys lucked out yesterday, if it didn't rain we might've had a real match. Your only hope now is to do a rain dance tonight [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]