Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Yes or No?
Yes 91 70.54%
No 38 29.46%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2005, 10:08 AM

Default Re: Will you call all-in when your missed-AK cont. bet hits the turn?

the first one is 1/2 pot, second one 2/3 pot. Too small?
Old 08-17-2005, 10:10 AM

Hmm, I suppose so, but 90 just looks small.. if you were looking to induce a bluff I guess it works, but the problem is you've only ace high yourself [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

And I ain't too sure how you can have reads at level 1..
Old 08-17-2005, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, I suppose so, but 90 just looks small.. if you were looking to induce a bluff I guess it works, but the problem is you've only ace high yourself [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

And I ain't too sure how you can have reads at level 1..

[/ QUOTE ]
heh.. the donks kinda blend togethor to me, i see one donkish move and I remember everything every donk has ever done <g>. Anyway, these are the only 2 times I can find ive done this outta 500 or so sngs in my PT database (although ive done it 7-8 times before, on my previous comp or before I got PT) so I am not getting such reads very often, obviously.

Good point about the small bets, I have been trying to vary my continuation bets as I usually bet larger.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:30 PM

Hitting TPTK on the turn with a paired board gives me the best hand over a flopped weaker two pair (the seven in my OP), and two outs to a better full house on the river if I'm behind trips or a made flush. I think this is way different than calling all-in with an ace high, when you can beat only a bluff. Sure, people love to make these moronic bluffs in the 22's and 33's, but I think TPTK is the bare minimum for thinking about calling them. People also like to "catch me bluffing" on the bubble, calling me for all their chips with 33 against my T8o, and they probably think they're pretty smart to do it too.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:09 PM

Obviously my example is completely different than yours, and yours is a much easier call.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(virtually everyone on this forum has ~30% ROI and plays this way).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahaha.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously my example is completely different than yours, and yours is a much easier call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine was not an easy call. I think I made a bad call, but it turned out to be correct in that particular case. I want to know if there's an underlying principle here, or if I just got lucky making a bad play when someone else had made a worse one.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(virtually everyone on this forum has ~30% ROI and plays this way)

[/ QUOTE ]

You just hurt my feelings. I'd be lying if I said my long-term ROI at the 33's was probably over 20% right now.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:19 PM

This isn't an easy call for me. I would have folded here seeing the three clubs on the board and the possibility of the Ten. It wouldn't be an easy fold, though. I think I would have bet more PF and probably on the flop as well, but still...I'd fold.

Live you might be able to pick up a read, but online, especially early--when people are playing what they <i>think</i> is Gus Hansen poker they could be holding anything.

I've been playing tight early in tourneys and lossening up later when the blinds are bigger and the situations start changing but you do mahe a good point. I think I'm missing opportunities to get the money from the dupes early instead of trying to get it from the better players later.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the surface my opponent thinks he has trip tens. On the next level, he thinks I'm bluffing a missed AQ? Anyway, since it's so early, I have to consider him a standard 33 opponent. Did my weak-looking bet just get a raise out of a weaker hand, or am I drawing almost dead?

Party Poker $30+3 No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter

MP1 (t775)
MP2 (t982)
MP3 (t880)
CO (t775)
Button (t798)
SB (t695)
Hero (t800)
UTG (t800)
UTG+1 (t695)
UTG+2 (t800)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t15, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls t15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t60</font>, UTG+1 calls t45, Button folds.

Flop: (t145) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t150</font>, UTG+1 calls t150.

Turn: (t445) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to t400</font>, Hero ???

[/ QUOTE ]

do not risk your whole stack if you have &gt;10BB, and you have doubt that your hand is good.

in this case, there's MAJOR doubt that tptk is good since trip 10's and flush are possibilites.