Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2004, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Heh, sometimes you get a beat so nutty all you can do is laugh. *cry*

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't understand the level of anomosity here.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's because:

1. He posted a bad beat story
2. He was openly hostile to the people who tried to honestly help him
3. He's an arrogant little prick who needs to learn that he is NOT the hottest thing in the world.
Old 11-27-2004, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Heh, sometimes you get a beat so nutty all you can do is laugh. *cry*

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really don't understand the level of anomosity here.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's because:

1. He posted a bad beat story
2. He was openly hostile to the people who tried to honestly help him
3. He's an arrogant little prick who needs to learn that he is NOT the hottest thing in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah okay, I can go along with all that. He does seem like a bit of a dink, for sure.
Old 11-27-2004, 04:55 PM

I don't doubt you're a winning player but I do doubt you will sustain a 5/10 win rate of over 2BB/100.

Btw take it or leave it, but your preflop raise is definitely a few percentage points too low.
Old 11-27-2004, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't doubt you're a winning player but I do doubt you will sustain a 5/10 win rate of over 2BB/100.

Btw take it or leave it, but your preflop raise is definitely a few percentage points too low.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I have no doubt about my ability at 5-10, as I've played about 17,000 hands with more than 3BB/100. Also, it's quite similar to 3-6, and I've played over 100,000 hands of that online. I have no idea at all how you can state that you don't expect me to be over 2BB at 5-10 on the basis of one hand. That seems silly.

I do appreciate the PF raise advice though. Why do you say it's too low? My PT aggression factor is over 2, so I consider myself highly aggressive. I do tend to limp a lot in late position when I have callers in front and hands like low PPs and suited connectors. Perhaps I should be raising with those?
Old 11-27-2004, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I have no doubt about my ability at 5-10, as I've played about 17,000 hands with more than 3BB/100. Also, it's quite similar to 3-6, and I've played over 100,000 hands of that online. I have no idea at all how you can state that you don't expect me to be over 2BB at 5-10 on the basis of one hand. That seems silly.

I do appreciate the PF raise advice though. Why do you say it's too low? My PT aggression factor is over 2, so I consider myself highly aggressive. I do tend to limp a lot in late position when I have callers in front and hands like low PPs and suited connectors. Perhaps I should be raising with those?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea if you're going to sustain your winrate, but I would advise throwing in raises with suited conns and low PPs in late position with the odds. It's good for mixing up your play, helps you get free cards, and builds a pot in case you hit it hard. You don't want to be raising only with top 10 type hands, or you'll become predictable, and at 5-10 people start to actually notice this.

Please don't call me names now.
Old 11-27-2004, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea if you're going to sustain your winrate, but I would advise throwing in raises with suited conns and low PPs in late position with the odds. It's good for mixing up your play, helps you get free cards, and builds a pot in case you hit it hard. You don't want to be raising only with top 10 type hands, or you'll become predictable, and at 5-10 people start to actually notice this.

Please don't call me names now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, that's excellent advice. No names. :P
Old 11-27-2004, 05:12 PM

IMO 5/10 full is generally hard for anyone to sustain (for at LEAST 50k hands) 2BB/100. I would offer all that achieve that my congratulations; though the games are a bit easier now but still its a tough ask.

Which of these situations would you raise in a 9 handed 5/10 game, I believe them all to be definite raises:

99 UTG.
ATs on the button after 4 limpers.
KJs UTG+2 after 2 folds.
QJs in the CO after a bad player limps and all fold.

Also what would you steal when it was folded to you in the CO.
Old 11-27-2004, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Heh, sometimes you get a beat so nutty all you can do is laugh. *c

[ QUOTE ]

3. I was not sure he had QQ, though his turn raise gave me pause. I still thought there was a good chance I was best, so I bet. I was raised and called. Pretty standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't make any sense, and doesn't explain why you didn't cap the turn. If you thought there was a pretty good chance you were best, then cap the turn and protect your hand.

People here think you are an idiot because of the obvious flaws in your logic. The reason you didn't want to cap preflop is so that you could protect your hand postflop, yet don't protect your hand when given the second opportunity to on the turn.
Old 11-27-2004, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO 5/10 full is generally hard for anyone to sustain (for at LEAST 50k hands) 2BB/100. I would offer all that achieve that my congratulations; though the games are a bit easier now but still its a tough ask.

Which of these situations would you raise in a 9 handed 5/10 game, I believe them all to be definite raises:

99 UTG.
ATs on the button after 4 limpers.
KJs UTG+2 after 2 folds.
QJs in the CO after a bad player limps and all fold.

Also what would you steal when it was folded to you in the CO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious as to why you say it's so hard to sustain a 3BB winrate at 5-10. Is it the rake? Or is it the competition? Because a 3BB winrate at 3-6 is really not all that difficult for a skilled player, and I find 5-10 to be only very slightly tougher than 3-6.
Old 11-27-2004, 05:23 PM

As I say its a better game now but it has always been quite tight, many ignore it and play 6 max or go straight to 15/30.