Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Heh, sometimes you get a beat so nutty all you can do is laugh. *cry* (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=153246)

Lansing 11-24-2004 06:37 PM

Heh, sometimes you get a beat so nutty all you can do is laugh. *cry*

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

River: (20 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 26 BB

Super Fish Supremo MP3 shows [ 7h, 4s ] a straight, three to seven.

Some other guy doesn't show [ Ks, Kc ] a pair of kings.

Hero doesn't show [ Ad, Ah ] a pair of aces.

Super Fish Supremo wins $257 from the main pot with a straight, three to seven.

*Hero looks around blankly, shambles to fridge for a beer*

Tosh 11-24-2004 06:43 PM

Re: Heh, sometimes you get a beat so nutty all you can do is laugh. *cry*

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls,

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Lansing 11-24-2004 06:49 PM

I didn't cap preflop because of the other people in the hand. I expected UTG to cap it. Just in case you were wondering.

Tosh 11-24-2004 06:59 PM

I certainly am wondering, unless you have a strong read UTG caps a lot, thats a pretty sizeable error.

Lansing 11-24-2004 08:02 PM

I knew what I was doing, and it was not a "sizeable error". It also allowed me to disguise my hand somewhat, letting me check raise the kings twice, making the idiot draw pay 2 bets cold each time.

You know, I definitely did not post this so that someone could critique me on my play. Not to sound too snotty, but when I want your damn advice, I'll ask for it.

TheTimeIsUp 11-24-2004 08:06 PM

His OESD hit. The worst beat I have ever seen..(sarcasm)

Tosh 11-24-2004 08:17 PM

Noone cares you suffered a bad beat. You did however make an error yourself as I pointed out.

kiemo 11-24-2004 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I knew what I was doing, and it was not a "sizeable error". It also allowed me to disguise my hand somewhat, letting me check raise the kings twice, making the idiot draw pay 2 bets cold each time.

You know, I definitely did not post this so that someone could critique me on my play. Not to sound too snotty, but when I want your damn advice, I'll ask for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy you are in for a rough ride on these forums.

Stork 11-24-2004 08:59 PM

Re: Heh, sometimes you get a beat so nutty all you can do is laugh. *c

[ QUOTE ]
Not to sound too snotty, but when I want your damn advice, I'll ask for it.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

stinkypete 11-24-2004 10:01 PM

Re: Heh, sometimes you get a beat so nutty all you can do is laugh. *c

[ QUOTE ]
I knew what I was doing, and it was not a "sizeable error".

[/ QUOTE ]

i see that you are from toronto as well... we should play sometime