Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2004, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Heh, sometimes you get a beat so nutty all you can do is laugh. *c

[ QUOTE ]
2. I wanted action from the player with the probable KK. I wanted to be able to checkraise the field on the flop and the turn. Had I capped preflop there is a very, very high probability that I would not have been able to do that (the KK would have almost certainly put me on aces, given my table image and his tightness).

[/ QUOTE ]

You only cap with Aces? Sounds like you're playing a little too rigidly to me, especially since you have such a good read on the table.
Old 11-26-2004, 05:13 PM

Default Re: My two pence.

I think this thread has degenerated to a standard lower than Lansing's play.
Old 11-26-2004, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2. I wanted action from the player with the probable KK. I wanted to be able to checkraise the field on the flop and the turn. Had I capped preflop there is a very, very high probability that I would not have been able to do that (the KK would have almost certainly put me on aces, given my table image and his tightness).

[/ QUOTE ]

do you really think you can't check-raise KK even after capping? you think he's just gonna give free cards to an ace when he flops an overpair?
Old 11-26-2004, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do you really think you can't check-raise KK even after capping? you think he's just gonna give free cards to an ace when he flops an overpair?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'd capped and bet out the flop, he would have flat called. If I'd capped and not bet out, he would have bet and likely folded to a raise. This was an extremely weak tight player. Even if he called the checkraise, he would have folded to a turn bet.

The best way to put maximal money in the pot was to hope UTG capped, but if he did not, let the KK think it was ahead and be able to checkraise him twice, making the fish in the middle call two bets cold twice.

This is SO GODAMN OBVIOUS it makes me a little sad to see the level of ignorance on this board about this extremely simple strategic issue.
Old 11-26-2004, 06:54 PM

yeah, it's "SO GODAMN OBVIOUS" that he's going to fold pocket kings to a check-raise with undercards on board. right.

you could have check-raised him twice anyway. guaranteed. i don't care how weak-tight he is.
Old 11-26-2004, 06:56 PM

and if your reads are really that reliable, you're beating this game for 8+BB/100, so i don't even know why you're posting here.
Old 11-26-2004, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, it's "SO GODAMN OBVIOUS" that he's going to fold pocket kings to a check-raise with undercards on board. right.

you could have check-raised him twice anyway. guaranteed. i don't care how weak-tight he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

About 5 hands earlier he folded AK on a K high rainbow board to two raises (or at least stated he did). His VPIP was 7% over a 789 hand sample size. Aggression factor was extremely low. Classic weak tight. He gets CRed once and he's folding or turtling. Earlier, he had QQ on a J high rainbow board and went into check-call mode after he was raised on the flop.

You have absolutely no idea who I was playing with, so don't pretend that you do, thanks.

Jesus, I really am done with this thread now. There is not one person who has stated a good reason to cap with the aces preflop, and I have stated many excellent reasons not to. Unless someone comes up with something new, just let this die, mindlessly cap with your aces, and we'll see who comes out ahead in the long run I guess.
Old 11-26-2004, 08:24 PM

OK. So we don't give good reasons for capping preflop? This is coming from the guy who said that he was smooth calling so that he could C/R the Flop to protect his hand. WHEN THE BET WAS COMING FROM THE LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you think that this is a "good reason" then you really should consider dropping down to $.02/.04 on Stars. Also, I call major time BS on your stated win rates.
You are severely arrogant. You post a hand and people offer you genuine advice as to how you could have played it better. You disagree, fine. Go ahead, state your point of view, argue your case. But why go around calling everyone morons for having the temerity to disagree with you?

You have clearly outlined your reasoning for smooth calling preflop. You have gone over and repeated them and yet everyone still disagrees with you. What does this say? I think it suggests that you should be more open minded and consider the fact that you are NOWHERE near as good a player as you think you are. You have preached semipsychic powers in this post.

These forums exist for players to post, improve, and help each other. If you are willing to listen to advice they will greatly improve your game. If you are going to berate anyone who disagrees with you, then you have no place on these forums IMHO. Open your mind.
Old 11-26-2004, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He gets CRed once and he's folding or turtling.

[/ QUOTE ]

You checkraised him twice on this hand and he still 3bet you on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
Earlier, he had QQ on a J high rainbow board and went into check-call mode after he was raised on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet here he's got almost the same situation (KK vs Q high board) and he continues to bet and raise to the tune of 6.5BB?

Your analysis and his actions don't fit together.
Old 11-26-2004, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He gets CRed once and he's folding or turtling.

[/ QUOTE ]

You checkraised him twice on this hand and he still 3bet you on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
Earlier, he had QQ on a J high rainbow board and went into check-call mode after he was raised on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet here he's got almost the same situation (KK vs Q high board) and he continues to bet and raise to the tune of 6.5BB?

Your analysis and his actions don't fit together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Silliness. The point is that had I capped his actions would have been vastly different.