Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2005, 07:33 AM

Default Re: i want a SS Digest.

I think it would be nice if we had more conceptual posts and less run of the mill hand posts. Recent examples of the former include:

Nate tha' Great's post roughly titled "a boring little equity thingy"

Nate tha' Great's post where he had J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB and there was a EP raise

Nate tha' Great's post about bluffing cards

bdk3clash's post roughly titled "tight and aggressive preflop is not enough"

An AK hand where the board was 9889

many of sthief09's, CDC's, private joker's and sfer's recent hands. The hands they post are not run of the mill. They are difficult hands sometimes plays perfectly, sometimes played poorly but always incredibly educational. Kailia Marie, gaming_mouse and JoshuaD often post interesting hands too.

I'm not saying posting standard hands is bad, we all need a review of the basic sometimes, but there are too many! Should I slowplay this, how can I extract the maximum here, was my AA doomed preflop, etc.

And I want to reecho Clarkmeister's Jeez Louise post in saying that some people just post way too many hands and don't respond enough to other hands.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it would be nice if we had more conceptual posts and less run of the mill hand posts. Recent examples of the former include:

Nate tha' Great's post roughly titled "a boring little equity thingy"

Nate tha' Great's post where he had J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB and there was a EP raise

Nate tha' Great's post about bluffing cards

bdk3clash's post roughly titled "tight and aggressive preflop is not enough"

An AK hand where the board was 9889

many of sthief09's, CDC's, private joker's and sfer's recent hands. The hands they post are not run of the mill. They are difficult hands sometimes plays perfectly, sometimes played poorly but always incredibly educational. Kailia Marie, gaming_mouse and JoshuaD often post interesting hands too.

I'm not saying posting standard hands is bad, we all need a review of the basic sometimes, but there are too many! Should I slowplay this, how can I extract the maximum here, was my AA doomed preflop, etc.

And I want to reecho Clarkmeister's Jeez Louise post in saying that some people just post way too many hands and don't respond enough to other hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
These are some threads - old and new - that have helped me quite a bit:

If your AK ever misses, read this thread.

Are you a loose raiser or blind stealer? If you aren't, you should be. If you are, make sure you know how to get out of trouble.

Classic Ed Miller. What's your biggest leak?

Why 3/6 is hard for you.

How to know when J7s is good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Great minds think alike. Seriously, if you want to get better at poker read these threads, then write more like them.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:09 PM

bump.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if someone were to simply post the 10 best threads in a single post at the end of the week that would be great, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I nominate you.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:38 PM

that wouldnt actually make any sense now would it, seeing that at present i read this forum perhaps once a week.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Me too. I want mine to be exclusively stat checks and party 3/6 is too tight threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm so funny
Old 06-20-2005, 05:55 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

no matter what a stripper tells you...
Old 06-20-2005, 06:34 PM

Well, I'm going to be doing something similar to this myself anyway.

I was planning on putting all the posts from that week that illustrate important CONCEPTS (link) into one spot in my bookmarks or something. It would have the link to the thread and a description of what important themes and concepts were talked about.

If nobody else wants to do the 10-best thing, I'll put up my links to share.