Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Problems with e-bay seller for 2001FP

dude the guys got 5 negative feedbacks. and like 60 positives total. youre just asking to get ripped off buying from this seller.
Old 06-11-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably a mistake? Feedback is the only thing you have to protect yourself on ebay, someone could give you a 2001FP for $10 with free shipping but it wouldn't mean [censored] if he was a scammer with awful feedback. Ebay Safe Harbor should be able to at least get your money back but I have a feeling you won't be getting the monitor without a LOT of effort. Just from his replies to negative comments I am assuming it is a fairly young kid trying to make money on ebay, perhaps putting things up for auction without actually having them and trying to procure them for a cheaper price before the auction ends, I have run into this before as well and it is never fun.
Worse comes to worse you should be able to get your money back, leave some poor feedback (to help the next guy who wants to buy something from this stiff) and learn a valuable lesson. I will PM the person I got my 2001FP from on Ebay and you can add them to your watch list to see if they sell them again, it was $475 shipped and brand new in box.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

It was definitely an error in judgement going with this guy and I have already learned a lesson from it. This was the first large purchase I have made on e-bay. If you could PM me that I would really appreciate it, thanks.
Old 06-11-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just looked at his feedback. You shouldn't have bid on this item. But it really looks like he is more of a screwup/jerk than a criminal. Be persistent and try to keep this peaceful as long as you can. You'll probably be OK in the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the plan right now, I think I'll give him 4-5 more days and if I haven't heard anything, I'll file a claim. If he responds that it's shipped and he just hasn't been able to respond to my emails, no big deal. I'll still give him a negative feedback though for being so unresponsive.