Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Problems with e-bay seller for 2001FP (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=270722)

CourtesyFlush 06-11-2005 03:05 PM

Problems with e-bay seller for 2001FP

Hey guys, about 3 weeks ago I bought a Dell 2001FP from ebay (found here http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...%3AIT&rd=1 ). I paid for the item about 2.5 weeks ago, and I have not received any response from the seller on whether the monitor has even been shipped yet. He was emailing me back within a few hours before I paid for it, and as soon as I did he pretty much cut off communication completely. Here is the last I have heard from him:

I was on my cell phone away from the office on vacation

I am back now I can ship now or wait till you get back its your call?
Thanx
KRAWL

Quoting Ian <xxxxxxx@hotmail.com>:

> Hey did you get my last email? Has the monitor been shipped yet? Just
> curious...
>
> Ian
>
> >From: krawl420@fastmodz.com
> >To: Ian <xxxxxxx@hotmail.com>
> >Subject: Re: Question for item #5201157263 - Dell 2001fp 20.1" Widescreen
> >free gift + fre
> >Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 00:12:12 -0400
> >
> >NP man I have payment and will get to the PO and ups store in the next day
> >or so
> >with the shipping quotes I will keep you updated and thanx again for
> >bidding on
> >my items:)
> >KrAwL

Anyways that is the email I received from him on May 31st and I haven't heard from him since. I emailed him after receiving this to ship it ASAP, and I have not heard from him since. I have been emailing this guy every couple days, no response. Does this sound sketchy to anyone? Should I be worried about this? Should I email ebay if I continue to get no response on whether the monitor is even shipped yet?

CF

OldYoda 06-11-2005 03:23 PM

Re: Problems with e-bay seller for 2001FP

Not to be harsh, but why would you buy something that expensive from someone with that kind of limited, very shaky feedback profile? Looks to me like you may have a rocky road ahead of you on this one.

Jurollo 06-11-2005 03:26 PM

Re: Problems with e-bay seller for 2001FP

[ QUOTE ]

Shoe 06-11-2005 03:30 PM

Re: Problems with e-bay seller for 2001FP

Did you pay through paypal? If so, you might be able to get your money back. File a complaint and leave negative feedback.

CourtesyFlush 06-11-2005 03:34 PM

Re: Problems with e-bay seller for 2001FP

[ QUOTE ]
Not to be harsh, but why would you buy something that expensive from someone with that kind of limited, very shaky feedback profile? Looks to me like you may have a rocky road ahead of you on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

He gave me a great deal on shipping to Canada and I liked that the product was tested for dead pixels (if that is in fact true). This made me overlook his shaky profile, which was probably a big mistake on my part.

Jurollo 06-11-2005 03:42 PM

Re: Problems with e-bay seller for 2001FP

Probably a mistake? Feedback is the only thing you have to protect yourself on ebay, someone could give you a 2001FP for $10 with free shipping but it wouldn't mean [censored] if he was a scammer with awful feedback. Ebay Safe Harbor should be able to at least get your money back but I have a feeling you won't be getting the monitor without a LOT of effort. Just from his replies to negative comments I am assuming it is a fairly young kid trying to make money on ebay, perhaps putting things up for auction without actually having them and trying to procure them for a cheaper price before the auction ends, I have run into this before as well and it is never fun.
Worse comes to worse you should be able to get your money back, leave some poor feedback (to help the next guy who wants to buy something from this stiff) and learn a valuable lesson. I will PM the person I got my 2001FP from on Ebay and you can add them to your watch list to see if they sell them again, it was $475 shipped and brand new in box.
~Justin

yct 06-11-2005 03:49 PM

Re: Problems with e-bay seller for 2001FP

looks like it's time to issue stop payment (if possible...) you probably could've gotten this directly from dell for less since they have frequent deals...

StellarWind 06-11-2005 03:49 PM

Re: Problems with e-bay seller for 2001FP

Is other bad feedback turning up for this seller or are you the only one currently having trouble?

My advice is to keep working with the seller and the eBay dispute resolution process. Also PayPal if you used them.

Remember that the possibility of negative feedback may give you leverage but once you actually give negative feedback most of that leverage is lost. Don't leave negative feedback until all hope of a peaceful resolution is gone.

StellarWind 06-11-2005 03:55 PM

Re: Problems with e-bay seller for 2001FP

I just looked at his feedback. You shouldn't have bid on this item. But it really looks like he is more of a screwup/jerk than a criminal. Be persistent and try to keep this peaceful as long as you can. You'll probably be OK in the end.

Reef 06-11-2005 04:13 PM

Re: Problems with e-bay seller for 2001FP

[ QUOTE ]
I just looked at his feedback. You shouldn't have bid on this item.

[/ QUOTE ]

no matter how good the price