Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2005, 06:58 PM

Default Re: How do you play an overpair, and why?

Have a look through the archives and you'll find lots of advice on how to play this. There was a decent post from late last week that you can look into. The short answer is that you should be variable and not formulaic on how you play it. I don't think you'll get many more posters as there have been plenty of complaints lately that all the posts are aksing the same question - how do you play missed overs? and how do you play JJ with overcards on the board. Have a look back and you'll see. Cheers!
Old 02-28-2005, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It is not that it is a stupid question; it is just that it is woefully incomplete. How coordinated is the board? How many (and what) high cards does the board have? Do we have any backdoor draws?

How about those blinds? What would they call the PFR with? Will they lay down a pair for 2-bets? Will they fold for one bet with nothing?

You call the ep aggressive. Does that mean he would bet (into the PFR) with nothing? with just a draw? with any part of the board?

[/ QUOTE ]

And, of course, the most important piece of information (which Ed harps on over and over in SSH):

How B I G is the pot?
Old 03-01-2005, 06:30 AM

actually, while not perfectly clear, it would seem that there are 9 SBs in the pot after the limper bets
Old 03-01-2005, 12:46 PM

Mea Culpa. I screwed up the post pretty bad.

Perhaps it's not worth going on with, but here's what I should have said.

Probable LAG limps early. You raise AKo. Blinds call, along with the LAG. That puts 8 sb's in the pot. Blinds are typical for your level (say, Party 3/6).

Flop is something like Tc 5s 4s. The EP bets out.

In any event, the point was to discuss the situation, and I never said I haven't read SSH.

In general, people who post short, snotty answers on discussion boards like this are just practising a cheap form of one-upmanship. They're not trying to "help" anyone.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And, of course, the most important piece of information (which Ed harps on over and over in SSH):

How B I G is the pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I realized that I had forgotten this part while driving home last night. (I was so ashamed.)