Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 08:39 AM

Default Re: UB $5 Turbo tourney OOP with bottom pair

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Folded to MP who opens to 2000, folded to hero who calls
I feel this is a standard call, as I'm just getting too good of pot odds to release my hand at this point with the $100 ante. In fact I'll always at least call with any two cards here, regardless of the level or my chip stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

HUH?!

You just risked 1/5th of your stack on one of the worse hands possible. You didn't see a hand better than 10-3o to push with in the last orbit?!

Shallow stacks, MP only 13 BB raises the minimum?!? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] That's screaming Kings or Aces to me.

He would be a fool to not push with A-K or A-Q.. He re-raised all-in with it a few hands earlier you say but now he'll min-raise it? But then again it is a $5 tourney, so who knows.

I think your flop call is ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the pre-flop call? You say he paid 1/5th of his stack, but did you notice that he is in the big blind? He was paying $1K with $4.5K already in. I am still not sure I would call that extra $1K with T3o OOP, but he was getting pretty good pot odds. As for post-flop, I'd consider pushing here... either that or check-fold, in which case you'd have to wonder if spending that extra $1K was a good idea...