Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 12:07 PM

Default Re: Favorite Hand of the 2004 WSOP/Main Event

I didn't like the result but I liked Harry Demitrous call of Arieh's all-in... I Can't remember the exact cards but Demitrou had a marginal hand but was ahead vs Arieh's flush draw.

It was a good read for a big pot but Arieh sucked out and Demitrou took a big hit... nonetheless, good play by Demitrou...
Old 08-21-2005, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think I was unclear. It was all in preflop both hands. It's not possible to have MPGK preflop so you're obviously talking about something else. Both hands were rags.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are very wrong. There were no hands shown at final table where Dan was all in preflop in the 2004 ME.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a possibility I'm mistaken. I guarantee he was broadcast all in preflop at least once which invalidates your absolutist statement. He all in stole with some so so hand and someone at the table remarked they didn't have aces and folded. Given that I am certain about the non final table all in, I'm just gonna say assume you're wrong because I'm fairly certain about the other hands and you're shown me your memory on this topic is imperfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I said at the "final table".
2. He was all in preflop at one time with T8s (episide 6 of the 10 ME episodes), and the other person (Angel) folded, but not at final table. And ne never "got cought" since he was not called or showed his hand.
3. If you still think you are right, please download the videos (unless you got them already) and cut ut the hands and post links to them.

"I'm just gonna say assume you're wrong because I'm fairly certain about the other hands and you're shown me your memory on this topic is imperfect."

LOL, now who said "It was all in preflop both hands. It's not possible to have MPGK preflop so you're obviously talking about something else.", who's memory is "imperfect"?

Stop your bullshit and piss off.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:51 PM

You're right, you did say final table. My mistake.

[ QUOTE ]
Stop your bullshit and piss off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your charm will not work on me.

It's too much time and effort to do what you want me to do. It's certainly not worth my time to respond to the likes of you. I'll pay attention if I watch the final table episode again, but I'm certainly not going to go out of my way for it.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're right, you did say final table. My mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, I was right all along.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:14 AM

Just the way the whole thing happened...

Main Event FT - Arieh raises with (I believe) AK - Williams smooth calls the raise from the blind, and then announces he's checking in the dark.

Arieh goes "your dark checking?" with a confused look on his face - Arieh then pushes Williams all in on the flop which contains a 5, and goes CRAZY when Williams calls with his set, bitching about how he called off 1/3 of his chips with pocket fives....
Old 08-22-2005, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Main Event FT - Arieh raises with (I believe) AK - Williams smooth calls the raise from the blind, and then announces he's checking in the dark.

Arieh goes "your dark checking?" with a confused look on his face - Arieh then pushes Williams all in on the flop which contains a 5, and goes CRAZY when Williams calls with his set, bitching about how he called off 1/3 of his chips with pocket fives....

[/ QUOTE ]

He has good reason to go nuts. Risking 1/3 of your stack with a small pocket pair and then checking in the dark is just suicide.

Williams got extremely lucky in that hand.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He has good reason to go nuts. Risking 1/3 of your stack with a small pocket pair and then checking in the dark is just suicide.

[/ QUOTE ]

Williams responded to this before on this forum. He said he felt Arieh held AK or AQ only. He also knew that Arieh was going to push on any flop if checked too. Williams was planning to check/fold any flop with a A,K, or Q and call a push on any other flop. As it was Areih flopped an ace and Williams hit his set. But had the flop came JT6 Williams was still calling an all in by Arieh.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Williams responded to this before on this forum. He said he felt Arieh held AK or AQ only. He also knew that Arieh was going to push on any flop if checked too. Williams was planning to check/fold any flop with a A,K, or Q and call a push on any other flop. As it was Areih flopped an ace and Williams hit his set. But had the flop came JT6 Williams was still calling an all in by Arieh.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't the real Dave Williams who made that post.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:31 AM

I'm glad to hear that. The guy that made that post was totally uncivilized.

Just out of curiosity, how'd you know that wasn't the famous #2 in WSOP Me 2004 David Williams?
Old 08-23-2005, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

learn your poker lingo dude, smooth call preflop with 55? maybe a flat call. to smooth call is basically to call when you have the nuts.

my favorite hand was murphy vs arieh and arieh somehow got away from a king high flush (it was king high correct?).