Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Re: My whole say on all this \"drop of of school stuff\"

i quit school for a year. i played poker more than most people could even think about. i made a lot of money. i wasnt happy. at all. this was me. im not telling anyone what to do, to do so would be an exercise in futility. (where did i steal that line from..). so yea, for me, i hated school before i quit. i hated poker when i did quit. i hated life all the while. then i came back with a new attitude and was like, hah, i do what i want bit**. i actually get to live now.. kinda nice. poker is gonna have to sit on the sidelines for a bit.. holla
Old 10-20-2005, 01:43 PM

Default Re: My whole say on all this \"drop of of school stuff\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

But for all those who try to give advice such as "stay in school" or "don't stay in school", it's really stupid IMO. You should do whatever is best for you, and it should be pretty freaking obvious that what's best for you isn't going to be what was best for someone else. Anyone who doesn't understand that is pretty ignorant, yet somehow it seems that a lot of 2+2 posters have a strong opinion on how others should live their lives.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to spar with you specifically, but this comment seems pretty out of place given the threads you are describing. People do not think they know how other people should live their lives, they are offering their opinions, in threads that have been started solely to ask for these opinions. Obviously what is best for one person isn't best for another, but this idea that people know what will make them happy is ridiculous. Human instinct is incredibly flawed and that's why people seek advice in the first place. I don't think people are seeking definitive answers, and they're not going to do exactly what Cyber_Friend726 says to do, but they will take that into consideration when making their decision because they clealry value the opinions of the board (or else these posts wouldn't exist).

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly...what the hell are we posting about this stuff at all for then. (not that you, Curtains, have ever posted a question regarding school etc...but you get what I mean).

Anyone who makes a life decision based on what they read on a poker forum needs something more than school anyway, IMO...but at the same time, when I was 18, I had no idea what school would mean for my life if I went or not...Yes, at that age, I felt like I had come into my own, bla bla bla and that I knew what was best for myself...you know what? I had no clue...doesnt mean guys on here don't have a clue, but when I read that kind of stuff it makes me think they are looking for others' opinions. So I don't see what the big deal is.

I'm 31 and I STILL don't know what I want for my life exactly...school is almost NEVER a waste of time though (in my opinion). But hey, I still have no clue.