Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: relatively easy flop question A6

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-Blind Post

I probably fold this preflop for a raise. Axs isn't that good of a hand. You pretty much have to hit a flush or Aces up, as there is most likely a better ace somewhere.

But now that I am in the hand...
I fold for a bet and a raise. You aren't beating much here and don't have many outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the flop texture and pot size, I think folding to a bet and a raise is no good here. And the PF coldcall is fine.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why the preflop CC is fine? I have seen over and over "Don't play Axs in most circumstances". Is this one of the circumstances where its ok? If so, why?
Old 04-15-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have seen over and over "Don't play Axs in most circumstances".

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know where you saw that, but they're wrong. Axs is a money hand with loose players. The coldcall is easy with 4 coldcallers in front of you, because big pots are fun.

Rob
Old 04-15-2005, 04:45 PM

So suppose the betting went:

UTG Raises, folded you hero on button, hero? Folds?

On a loose table they are going to pay off a made hand big, so Its worth it? Does Axs play similar to a suited connector?
Old 04-15-2005, 04:50 PM

Axs is a hand where you like to play in big pots because when you make a flush you win a big pot since there was a lotta people putting money into the pot. If your playing against only one other guy who raised UTG, your hand is usually worse.
Old 04-15-2005, 04:59 PM

I think the key here is your pot equity.

If it's raised ahead of you and it looks to be a headsup match, the chance that you're dominated is very, very high. You may only have 20% pot equity when your pot share is 50%, so your equity edge is significantly negative.

If it's raised ahead of you and it looks to be multiway, things are different. If you have 20% pot equity in a 7-way pot, you are kickin some serious ass, and can play along. Even if you're dominated by a larger ace (which you almost certainly are), the other players in the hand are providing you with pot odds and equity edge to come along.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it's raised ahead of you and it looks to be a headsup match, the chance that you're dominated is very, very high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note that CDC said the table was s-u-c-k-y. So the chance of domination isn't as high as you think.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Note that CDC said the table was s-u-c-k-y. So the chance of domination isn't as high as you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure if that's true, sucky isn't very specific. If it's a table full of 45/2/.8 players (which I would call sucky), your chance of being dominated are still pretty high. And the real point, which is that chance you're in a very bad spot (which is opponent has 77+ or a7+) is pretty high as well. Just because they're bad doesn't mean they can't catch cards.

Now if they're sucky LAGs, I definitely see your point. when someone says sucky, I usually think LPP, cause that's the suckiest...