Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   relatively easy flop question A6 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=233098)

Chris Daddy Cool 04-15-2005 12:45 PM

relatively easy flop question A6

loose game with loose terrible players. you don't have a general read on any one particular player as your mind is wandering but you know as a whole this table is s-u-c-k-y.

utg raises. cc1, cc2, cc3, and cc4. you're on the button and coldcall with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] sb folds. bb calls. 7 players in for 14 small ones.

flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

utg bets. cc1 calls. cc2 raises. folded to you. what do you want to do?

kenberman 04-15-2005 12:54 PM

Re: relatively easy flop question A6

You have enough outs to call, getting 9-1. I don't want to fold, and I would only raise if I think it would get me a free card. thinking about this more, I think it's close between call/raise.

@bsolute_luck 04-15-2005 01:25 PM

i think you have the odds to call here. i don't think raising is going to fold anyone other than people we want staying in nor is it for value with MP raising and your kicker is waaay to low. i'd wait to see what the turn brings.

car ramrod 04-15-2005 01:26 PM

I think you have to call either way. There could be a case for raising, but I don't know what that would be. I guess you could get it heads up with cc2, who may only be raising spades. Or maybe he has the A and utg raised KK or QQ's. A raise may get him out. But do you want him out? no, If he has QQ or KK's I think we want him to keep calling, as he is drawing thin.
Saying all that, I call and see what action takes place next.

jrz1972 04-15-2005 01:30 PM

I'm too lazy to calculate the size of the pot, but it's big, and I have ~7 outs.

I'm definitely calling, so I might as well raise and try for a free card.

droolie 04-15-2005 01:31 PM

With top pair, backdoor str8 and flush draws folding is out.

The choice is between calling and raising. We don't have to worry about protecting anything here as there are no overcards to our top pair. Nobody's fodling an A. We're highly likely to be outkicked if anybody has an A as we're only ahead of A2 and A3. I assume therefore we are behind the raiser. I don't want the dead money from UTG and CC1 to fold by raising so I just call.

Raising is a good option if you think they all will call and if you think there is a reasonbable chance you're currently ahead. In this spot I don't think I like either chance no matter how bad those guys are. I think we need to improve to win and as such we want to bring the EP guys along. Having this flop come back HU and capped would suck.

Duffman 04-15-2005 02:31 PM

Well I was going to say fold because you might be outkicked and the two-flush on board. But after reading the replies I see where calling would work.

Is there any other reason to raise other than for a free card?

jrz1972 04-15-2005 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any other reason to raise other than for a free card?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so, no. I'm pretty confident that I'm currently behind, but I'm trying to get the free card because I've been told my opponents are terrible. Terrible opponents love to give free cards. God bless them.

btspider 04-15-2005 02:42 PM

3-bets. you can't fold. so spend that tiny tiny extra in hopes of slowing down your opponents or buying a free card.

Entity 04-15-2005 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3-bets. you can't fold. so spend that tiny tiny extra in hopes of slowing down your opponents or buying a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given this board, if everyone calls your 3-bet (or better yet, if UTG folds) and the turn is a non-[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and it's checked to you, are we really checking here? 'Cuz I'd be more inclined to bet (depending on the card, of course), and check the river.

Rob