Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Give me a turn line

Party 2/4. Villian is completely unknown he just sat down maybe his 4th hand.

Pre flop: Folds to me in the hi jack i open with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] CO(villian) cold calls everyone else folds.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I bet CO calls.

Turn: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Give me a line.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Give me a turn line

i think bet/call seems most obvious?
Old 11-08-2005, 12:04 AM

turn: bet-call
river b-c or c-c, depending

I want to see this showdown.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think bet/call seems most obvious?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Eskimo because you think we are ahead or because you think we are drawing live if raised on the turn?
Old 11-08-2005, 12:16 AM

I think I am bet/folding the turn and river. If we get raised on the turn, odds are he has a better pair with a diamond. If raised on a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] river we lose, and on a non-diamond river we lose. I am trying to fold a T here.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
turn: bet-call
river b-c or c-c, depending

I want to see this showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi monthlynut i feel no need to show this hand down why do you? FWIW if i did see a river card here i would bet/fold a diamond and check/call any non diamond except a king or queen which i would probably check/fold.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:19 AM

Hey - good post
I can't really think of a line I like here to be honest. I really don't like bet/call much at all because I don't think a PF coldcaller is semi-bluff raising the turn very often.
I kinda like bet/fold but if you get called I don't know what to do on the river when a non- [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] hits - I guess check/call?
If he's aggressive at all I like check/call on the turn because if I were villian I'm pretty much never taking a free card regardless of my cards.
Without a read this is a tough spot.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey - good post
I can't really think of a line I like here to be honest. I really don't like bet/call much at all because I don't think a PF coldcaller is semi-bluff raising the turn very often.
I kinda like bet/fold but if you get called I don't know what to do on the river when a non- [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] hits - I guess check/call?
If he's aggressive at all I like check/call on the turn because if I were villian I'm pretty much never taking a free card regardless of my cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi McGahee yeah i felt pretty sick on this one i bet/folded the turn but for some reason i didn't feel good about it. With 6+ bb's in the pot after the fact i thought i might be drawing live often enough to see the river but fold unimproved to a bet. If called on the turn i put my river thoughts in my reply to monthlynut. Let me know what you think.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey - good post

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi McGahee yeah i felt pretty sick on this one i bet/folded the turn but for some reason i didn't feel good about it. With 6+ bb's in the pot after the fact i thought i might be drawing live often enough to see the river but fold unimproved to a bet. If called on the turn i put my river thoughts in my reply to monthlynut. Let me know what you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually like your river plan.
There's a good chance he had A,T-Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] if not he almost certainly had at least an A, so at worst you folded a 9 outer getting 6.5:1 with lousy implied odds so it's not the end of the world. Being OOP sucks.