Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 12:50 PM

Default Re: TUNICA > Memorial Day Weekend (This Weekend)

Yeah, I have the archaic time punch card...somehow I haven't lost it yet.

I just overheard someone talking at the table a couple weeks ago saying something about getting more chips for every 10 hours you go over 80 hours - or something like that.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:52 PM

What time were the roadblocks? I drove back to Memphis about 11:15 - there were some delays up 61 - but just a 5-10 minute delay...maybe they got worse later?
Old 05-24-2005, 01:39 PM

left tunica at 9, got to memphis at 11:30.... no kidding
Old 05-24-2005, 01:47 PM

Are these delays only late at night or during the day as well? Are they both ways?

I'm heading down Saturday NIght around 10pm and then heading back Monday around Noon
Old 05-24-2005, 01:48 PM

I don't think this is the case (extra chips per 10hrs). The format is simply the top 130 people in hrs played get in. Since there's not a fixed mark to qualify I imagine there's not really any means to earn bonus chips for crossing that mark.

The floor told me that 80-100 hours in the month should qualify but who knows....
Old 05-24-2005, 05:16 PM

Both ways, for sure both ways..... From around 8pm until midnight (or later)... The cops told me they would be doing it fri & sat night, maybe they just said that as a scare tactic? Who knows, im just trying to warn a fellow 2+2er.... hey memphisaces check your PM please, thanks...
Old 05-24-2005, 07:06 PM

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they set up road-blocks for the holiday weekend.
Also, they'll probably get their fair share of accidents anyway.

Taking the interstate down to Church Road and then cutting over might get you around the road blocks (depending on where they set them up obviously).

I might play there some this weekend.
not sure if I'm going to try for that freeroll (which I had heard nothing about).

Since I'm going to Vegas from June 26 - July 16 I likely wouldn't have much of an opportunity to continue to rack up the hours anyway.

I would NOT go by the estimates of the floor-people as to high how many hours it will take to get in. That estimate seems a little bit low to me considering the number of weeks everyone has to rack up the hours (although I have no way of knowing if the estimate is off of course).
Old 05-24-2005, 09:03 PM

I'm in a similar boat as I'm flying up to Boston for that weekend (Tickets to several games of the Red Sox / Yankees Series) and currently my flight comes back in around 6pm on that Sunday (tournament starts at noon). I was told I should be able to get on a standby flight that AM (6am) but I'm not sure I want to do that. I might just rack up some hours this weekend and see where I stand...

I'm not TOO worried about the delays this weekend and I'll be sober when driving both ways, so the roadblocks shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:57 PM

I dropped my wife and son off at the airport this morning and headed straight for the horseshoe. Got there about 9:30, played about 3 hours of 4-8, and left up quite a bit.

I'm going to be there all weekend and Monday. I will be there tomorrow morning from around 6:30 - 7:00 AM until about 12:30ish(Last day of work till wednesday! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) I'll be back Saturday Morning sometime, and will play all day long. Same for Sunday and Monday, Maybe even Tuesday.

I'm going to be bouncing between the Horshoe and Gold Strike primarily. I may check out a couple of tournaments at the Grand that sound interesting, but I am expecting the majority of my time to be at the horshoe. I think I'm going to give the 10-20 game a go this weekend for the first time.

Anyway, I'm 6'2", 250 Lbs, Blond hair with a blond beard, and I am usually sporting a ratty old Kavu Visor. Pretty easy to spot. Feel free to say hey if you see me.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:04 PM

I will probably be at the Grand or Horseshoe on Sunday. My wife prefers the video poker at the Grand, so we'll probably end up there for the bulk of the time.