Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   TUNICA > Memorial Day Weekend (This Weekend) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=258275)

memphis_aces 05-24-2005 09:50 AM

TUNICA > Memorial Day Weekend (This Weekend)

Anyone heading down to the boats for some cards this weekend?

I believe the GF is heading out of town so I think I'll be heading down there to rack up some hours for the Gold Strike $50k Freeroll.

The initial plan is to have some fun with it so I think I'm going to hit the 3/6 or 5/10 (if they spread it) on Saturday Night around 10pm or Midnight and play through till Noon-ish on Sunday.... crash in the room for a few hours (poker rate rooms still available)...then play another overnight session from Midnight > Noon on Sunday Night as well....

FYI, the reason for the overnight sessions are the double-hours from Midnight > Noon... meaning I should be able to post 48 hours of playtime toward the freeroll with just 24hrs of play....

RunDownHouse 05-24-2005 10:32 AM

Re: TUNICA > Memorial Day Weekend (This Weekend)

Waitwaitwait, what is the deal with the freeroll?

I'm heading down from Nashville this weekend, booked my GS room a month ago.

memphis_aces 05-24-2005 10:33 AM

Goldstrike is holding an insane freeroll

Top 120 or so in hours from now till July 17th (or so) qualify. $50k Freeroll...top 13 places pay. I've been told by the floor that 80-100 hours will get you in. I've banked 18 and plan to bank 50 this weekend (24 of actual play...doubled during bonus hours).

What limits are you playing at the Strike?

They typically spread 3/6 Limit.. hoping to get them to run a 4/8 or 5/10

RunDownHouse 05-24-2005 11:02 AM

Wow. Its normally a fairly big deal for me to get down there and play, but I just might to do it a few more weekends with that freeroll + double hours for 12AM-12PM play. Did the floor mention anything about it likely filling up?

I was planning on sitting at the 3/6 long enough to get my hours for the room rate, but that plan may have to change.

EDIT: added more

memphis_aces 05-24-2005 11:10 AM

The hours only double on Sun > Thursday Nights... for some reason I got them on Sat Night / Sun Morning... not sure if that's common policy or not.... I guess it would be since it's technically "Sunday"

I'll be there Saturday (80% chance) and Sunday Nights (100% chance... have room). I'll be the 28yo guy in the Boston Red Sox hat wearing either a button Down or a "I do it with my Sox on" Red sox T-shirt (dark blue)

Matt

RacersEdge 05-24-2005 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Goldstrike is holding an insane freeroll

Top 120 or so in hours from now till July 17th (or so) qualify. $50k Freeroll...top 13 places pay. I've been told by the floor that 80-100 hours will get you in. I've banked 18 and plan to bank 50 this weekend (24 of actual play...doubled during bonus hours).

What limits are you playing at the Strike?

They typically spread 3/6 Limit.. hoping to get them to run a 4/8 or 5/10

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...I never heard about the double hours deal. What's the incentive to play more once you know you are in the top 130 (that's the number who make it)? I have about 90 hours, so I'm probably already in with a lot of time to go yet. do you get more starting chips the more hours you have?

memphis_aces 05-24-2005 12:12 PM

NO incentive.

Are you sure you're tracking your hours right (on the timecard instead of just on players card)?

Apparently a lot of regulars are pissed because they thought that they just needed to check in with the players card when, in fact, they require you to use some archaic time-card type of thing with a stamp that you have to keep track of.

Bill Bixby 05-24-2005 12:15 PM

be prepared for a LONG drive to tunica and back. I live 40 min away and it took me 3 hours to get home last night. There doing DUI checks all week and weekend.... Im not joking either. Just an FYI for all you guys.

memphis_aces 05-24-2005 12:25 PM

GOOD INFO!!!!

Thanks for the heads up.. glad I'm stayin overnight

tylerdurden 05-24-2005 12:48 PM

Where are the roadblocks? May be better to take 55 to hernando and cut across on 304.