Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 11:28 AM

Default Re: standard 10-25 NL hand.

I like a bigger flop raise, like to 800-900. Given the board, I think that sets you up best to stick him to this pot w/ a TPTK-type hand.

As played, I agree with Yeti that you should play this one fast. A quick turn push is optimal against certain opponents, but against most, I bleed them one street at a time. 1100 on the turn and a push on the river.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:36 PM

Nobody here is putting TAG on possible AA or QQ? If not, why not? I'm not trying to see monsters under the bed, but at these stakes even a TAG is likely to play it this way.

That said, a check to you and 800 is good. If you get check-raised all-in, you may have to stop and think...
Old 09-26-2005, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

kasjdfhcn2rh20[aevj344[j!!!!!!! If he saw why he would not have asked. I bet you also like to say "I'll let others explain."

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course he hadn't already. But perhaps if he pauses and gives some thought to the statement preceding that question, he will indeed see why.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:01 PM

I agree w/ most of Spadle's sentiments in this thread.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

kasjdfhcn2rh20[aevj344[j!!!!!!! If he saw why he would not have asked. I bet you also like to say "I'll let others explain."

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see why at first. Then I thought about it for 15 seconds and realized why. I think Spladle was just encouraging thoughtfulness.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:43 PM

Given that tiny flop bet, there's no reason whatsoever villain should put hero on a set, or anything that beats TPTK, let alone AQ. Hero could easily put villain on KK/JJ/TT and just be trying to steal (in villain's mind anyway). The pot right now is $1600. I'd never bet less than $1k here with anything, so no reason to do it now.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody here is putting TAG on possible AA or QQ? If not, why not? I'm not trying to see monsters under the bed, but at these stakes even a TAG is likely to play it this way.

That said, a check to you and 800 is good. If you get check-raised all-in, you may have to stop and think...

[/ QUOTE ]

in this situation with the amount of money there is in play i dont really care about those hands. its certainly possible he has one of those and if he does im going to lose all of my money. given that, since what i do against those 2 hands doesnt matter, because it always leads to the same outcome, i can ignore them when thinking about the correct play and just focus on the hands where my decisions can matter.