Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 07:02 PM

Default How to Play a Big Draw?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

I think I obviously should have folded to river bet, but are there any other suggestions?

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (15.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 20.50 BB
Old 10-16-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Re: How to Play a Big Draw?

There's no reason to raise the turn IMO.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To expand, you aren't going to win with your made hand. You are still drawing, and must improve to win. No reason to force hands out that will pay you off if you hit.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To expand, you aren't going to win with your made hand. You are still drawing, and must improve to win. No reason to force hands out that will pay you off if you hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has reason to believe he'll get even one cold-call on the turn, he has to raise it. His draw is very strong (13 or 15 outs) against 5 opponents. He'll get a max of 4 other BBs by calling the turn. So it's worth a shot...because at .50/1.00, not everyone is going to fold.

He has to improve to win, but he has probably 13 outs...somewhere around 28% equity in a 5-handed pot.

I like the aggression...depending on how he, and the rest of table, have played it so far.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:41 PM

Default Re: How to Play a Big Draw? *DELETED*

Post deleted by voyaka
Old 10-16-2005, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold the flop. You have 6 clean outs for straight and backdoor flush. Immediate pot odds are 1:4, it may get reraised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero also has a pair.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:51 PM

Why scare anyone out on the turn? Just call.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:57 PM

I don't think raising the turn was a very good idea...You're raising a BB that seems to like his hand after being raised on the flop.

You want to see this river as cheaply as possible. And when you see the river and a blank hits, I'd fold this. A pair of 7's isn't going to win this pot and you can be pretty sure you're Way Behind here with callers behind you.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I fold the flop. You have 6 clean outs for straight and backdoor flush. Immediate pot odds are 1:4, it may get reraised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero also has a pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I finally noticed that... They are not good either, if the people behind will call and it will not get reraised, the call is ok.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he has reason to believe he'll get even one cold-call on the turn, he has to raise it. His draw is very strong (13 or 15 outs) against 5 opponents. He'll get a max of 4 other BBs by calling the turn. So it's worth a shot...because at .50/1.00, not everyone is going to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

He needs more than 1 cold caller for this to be profitable.