Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 09:30 AM

Default Re: plea for help (l/c...lock this)

180lb is not really a fat fat chick,(although it is if she's like 3ft tall.) 180lb is a chick who doesn't get it very often and will appreciate it more.

With regards to Bobs post,I have always read your posts with interest as you moved up through the limits at quite similar times to my self, although you also moved up to 10/20, I have played 360,000 hands so far this year and the last 45,000 or so suck, my first 80 - 90,000 hands at 5-10 I ran at a not exactly earth moving 1BB/100 even this included a run when I lost $2500, thankfully the extreme misfortune of that run, yo yoed right back in about 2 days.

Then two months ago, started the month of and lost every day for 6 or 7 days, -$2400, then for personal reasons and the fkin party cr@p, couldn't play as much as usual, so ended up the month 1300 down, Next month same sorts start 5 days of total cr@p $3000 down, then the rest of the month trying to get the hands in to climb out of the gutter.

So this got me thinking a lot about my game, which happens when you feel like maybe you never knew anything in the first place, I sometimes think maybe i was just lucky to have 13 winning months before.

So the 2 areas I have started to focus on are my blind stealing and defence, My steal attempted had been an anemic 28-29%, while my defence was not to bad at 55 - 58% but one thing I realised was that due to lack of confindence, I had become more weak tight post flop, Not applying pressure enough, being to predictable, not ever making anyone at the table wish I wasn't there.

The second thing I am working on I call subtle tilt, not the sort of mad tilt when you lose one hand to a chaser with 2 outs, the kind of tilt that creeps up on you, when you lose hand after hand regardless of how dominated you have your opponent, this tilt just catches you so you start to question your every action, play scared, stop stealing cos your gonna lose anyways, start hating the god damn website for pickin on you, start praying for just one hand hand to hold up against the useless idiot, who keeps catchin hand after hand.

But this tilt is what actually costs me, cos all it takes is a burst a spraying chips and you really don't have to spray very many, say ten or so, to ruin the winrate of a 1000 hands.

P.s sorry if my post rambles on. But maybe some things in it will make you think of things that you may or may not be doing.